Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free pointer or springer

• 06-05-2010 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

hey just looing for a pointer or springer 8weeks to 8 months old to get me back on my feet and get me out of the house thanks sika

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

sikahunter wrote: »
    hey just looing for a pointer or springer 8weeks to 8 months old to get me back on my feet and get me out of the house thanks sika

try the local pound for a dog , i put a friend on to a lovely 6 month old gwp a few years a ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭fiattech

i have a 10 month old springer but he's not free see my add "SPRINGER PUP FOR SALE" i am open to offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

well i had to give up my job due to health reasons so i dont have money to buy one so looking for a dog to get me out the house walking again and slowly get back into the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

try pounds like jw said, also keep an eye on donedeal i saw a springer on there not so long ago for 50 euro she was 3 years i think, chances of getting a 8 month old dog for free are slim though. best of luck

been looking on done deal not much on it i just hope to be better by the new season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

theres a german short hair pointer for free to take away on done deal
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1301278

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

where bouts u from?the ash animal rescue in wicklow always has lots of dogsthey ,may have something to interest you.If you check enough pounds and shelters you will find one for sure

whats the deal om gettin one from the pound

ring say you are interested in rehoming adog say what type breeds u had in mind and that you can give a good home,i got alovely terrier from there as a pet hes a great lad.i gave 60 e as adonation,but bags of food or other stuff be welcome too.
    059 6473396 ash

a pure lab, and a springer colie cross need ahome here,just to show u what u can get out there
    http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Environment/DogPound-Meath/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Few weeks back in Tullamore pound there was a springer, two english setters and a lab cross. Few year old though.
    Theres a big place in Dublin. Il try find the website now.

Oh yeah, before you take a dog from the pound you need the dog licence i think. Get it in a Post office

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

I went to the one in wicklow and they wanted 170E to rehome a 3/5 yr old lab.

http://www.dogstrust.ie/dogs-for-rehoming/

Thats the site

One on that page actually, 2 year old
    I went to the one in wicklow and they wanted 170E to rehome a 3/5 yr old lab
    That a bit madYou went to rehome one and they said it will 170e??

heres another one gwp 15mths old
    http://inistiogepuppyrescue.com/current_dogs.php

they asked you for 170e!usually they will except whatever u can donate as long as u goin take care of the dog well

Yeah, i felt sorry for the dog, was there for a good while according to the receptionist that came to assist us, i asked the age and she said between 3 and 5, said it was a stray, so when we got home the oh felt sorry for it and she phoned for advice on adoption, she was told it would be 30 non refundable deposit for home check and then 140 euro upon collection.

As much as i wanted to give this dog a loving home i just felt a bit disgusted at that price, i would have happily made a generous donation but seen as i felt i was doin them a favour rehoming a dog which was there a good while, i decided to leave it.

true most places take what ever you can afford,i gave 60 for my lad great little dog,pity they asked alot dog could a been getting a good home.

bazza888 wrote: »
    true most places take what ever you can afford,i gave 60 for my lad great little dog,pity they asked alot dog could a been getting a good home.

thats what i thought, anyways, got my two dogs now.Still, hope he gets a home soon if he aint got one already.

bazza888 wrote: »
    pity they asked alot dog could a been getting a good home.

It would annoy ya alright considering the amount of crying out for new homes they do

Dusty87 wrote: »
    It would annoy ya alright considering the amount of crying out for new homes they do

thats what made me angry, and even when the oh was on the phone and heard the price she said ok well ill think about it, and the receptionist said "well ok but will i take a deposit now as its first come first served"..

• Advertisement

did you ever get a dog after sikahunter?

no never found one im still lookin at the min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sonofthegun

Hi sikahunter
    dont known if this helps but the brother was with a lad in carlow who has droppers they are a springer /lewelan cross he has them advertised on done deal for only 50 euro might be worth checking them out the 50 euro only covers what the vet check cost him .both the parents are hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭vixdname

*********THIS GUY IS A TIME WASTER***************

I contacted Sikahunter with the offer of a FREE purebred springer bitch, he eventually sent me a PM saying that he'd take the dog, I PM'd him back with where the dog was and a mobile number for the owner.
    I told the owner that I had a taker for the dog, which is going to end up in the pound very soon. Sikahunter never rang the owner, never PM'd me to say he'd changed his mind or anything else. In the mean time another taker came aboard but the owner told him that Sikahunter was taking the bitch and turned him away, now that person has gotten another dog and the original one is now going to he pound on Monday. NICE ONE SIKAHUNTER - You wasted all our time and probably gave the bitch a death sentence on top of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

:eek::eek: Anyone want some popcorn,popcorny.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

vixdname wrote: »
    *********THIS GUY IS A TIME WASTER***************

I contacted Sikahunter with the offer of a FREE purebred springer bitch, he eventually sent me a PM saying that he'd take the dog, I PM'd him back with where the dog was and a mobile number for the owner.
    I told the owner that I had a taker for the dog, which is going to end up in the pound very soon. Sikahunter never rang the owner, never PM'd me to say he'd changed his mind or anything else. In the mean time another taker came aboard but the owner told him that Sikahunter was taking the bitch and turned him away, now that person has gotten another dog and the original one is now going to he pound on Monday. NICE ONE SIKAHUNTER - You wasted all our time and probably gave the bitch a death sentence on top of it.

Lad stick a post up in here, Try convince your mate to hold off a week im sure you would get an owner....

As eluis says, try hold off a week. How old is said dog and is it working yet?? I knew a fella who was on about one and i can ask is he still looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

If he couldnt get someone to take why not stick it up on Donedeal, easier than getting your dog destroyed:mad:

Have convinced my niece (she owns the dog) to hold off till Monday week, will put her up on donedeal.ie (the dog, not my niece !!!) and hopefully someone will take her.
    She just 8 mnths old, my niece got her and it was a great idea at the time, all of a sudden it wasnt such a good idea when she realised the dog needed to be trained not to pee on the floor etc etc.
    Will keep my eyes peeled and ears open till next week, cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Where is the dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

vixdname wrote: »
    Have convinced my niece (she owns the dog) to hold off till Monday week, will put her up on donedeal.ie (the dog, not my niece !!!) and hopefully someone will take her.
    She just 8 mnths old, my niece got her and it was a great idea at the time, all of a sudden it wasnt such a good idea when she realised the dog needed to be trained not to pee on the floor etc etc.
    Will keep my eyes peeled and ears open till next week, cheers lads

Whats her stock like lad. Come on lads springer going free... Id take her in a flash only misses would have a canary lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭pachey100

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1467924

sounds like something you might be interested in.

Howya lads, just a quick update on the dog, my niece got in contact with some family in tipp that were looking for a dog and they took her on Saturday, emailed us a photo of her enjoying her new farm home and her new friend--another little dog they took in, me happy, niece more then happy and dog very happy!!!
    Thanks again for all the posts lads, appreciate it alls well that ends well !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Great news :cool:

Advertisement