Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Fried Mars Bar

Options
  • 06-05-2010 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Has anyone tried this before?

I have a Mars bar waiting in the freezer for tomorrow evening...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Dont forget to batter it first otherwise you'll need a straw for it :D

Oh and, had one in England before, interrrresting... also broke out in spots the following day like you wouldnt believe.

So, yeah. Enjoy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Read somewhere it is one off the most unhealthiest foods you can buy,a scotish invention I belive,lol enjoy.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Have had it twice in Dingle, it tasted yummy both times, was sick after it the first time, no ill effects the second time :) Bit of icecream on the side, yum.

It tastes so good, as a one off obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

There is an easter special,deep fried cadbury's cream egg:p

• Registered Users Posts: 23 irishabi

I've always been curious of these! if you do do it I'd love to see the pic!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They're tasty. Deep fried crunchies are even better though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Make a nice beer batter for it. Put some flour in a bowl, add some beer and whisk until blended but nice and thick. Let it stand for about an hour before using it.
    I used a can of Dutch Gold that someone had left behind after a party and it made great batter for fish, and I'd say it would be nice on your Mars bar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

It shouldn't need to be deep-fried from frozen, chilled or room temp should work fine.

And absolutely pair it with ice-cream, it goes very well with deep-fried, crispy pastry. Don't forget the icing sugar dusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 saraz86

You can get it in the Kettle of Fish chipper in Galway... mmmmmm :D

I'd only get it once a decade max though!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Had one many moons ago in The Seashell on Townsend st. You would imagine it would be gross, BUT after a few alcoholic beverages, on the way home, tastiest thing ever :p Saw them for sale somewhere recently....(racks brain)...

• Advertisement
Advertisement