Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Question for Oz.

Options
  • 06-05-2010 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A bit of a different than the usual questions about visas for Oz.

Around last July'09 I applied for a visa for Oz and got it, I had planned to of headed off around Oct '09 to Oz. The reason I got it a few months before hand was just in case they stopped handing out visas without the worldwide recession and people looking to emigrate etc

Anyway I am still here in Ireland, due to a couple of issues I couldn't head off until they where sorted etc.

I still plan to head off to Oz but at this stage it probably wont be till Oct '10, so obviously my visa will have expired.

Is there anything I can do in this situation to maybe extend it?

If not, am I able to get a visa again seeing as I didn't use my original one? And will it still be counted as my 1st WHV?

Obviously I will be down money but thats neither here nor there.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Hi,

A bit of a different than the usual questions about visas for Oz.

Around last July'09 I applied for a visa for Oz and got it, I had planned to of headed off around Oct '09 to Oz. The reason I got it a few months before hand was just in case they stopped handing out visas without the worldwide recession and people looking to emigrate etc

Anyway I am still here in Ireland, due to a couple of issues I couldn't head off until they where sorted etc.

I still plan to head off to Oz but at this stage it probably wont be till Oct '10, so obviously my visa will have expired.

Is there anything I can do in this situation to maybe extend it?

If not, am I able to get a visa again seeing as I didn't use my original one? And will it still be counted as my 1st WHV?

Obviously I will be down money but thats neither here nor there.

Cheers

once you never activated it (i.e. entered the country) and you are not over the age limit - you can just apply and get a new one...easy as...you can do this as many times as you want with Oz - only once in NZ though

Advertisement