Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shadowrun - Snes

• 06-05-2010 4:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else think this is an absolute classic???

I loved this game as a kid and still love it on the emulator. A guy who enters a virtual world called the Matrix. I always wondered did the Wachowski bros borrow this for their film? Never got the whole board game it was based on or the newest game for PC and Xbox tho.

Anyway, the story, gameplay, the moody atmosphere and classic soundtrack set off so many child hood memories that make me miss the good ol days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Favourite game ever. I remember being so excited when I hacked into the computers for the 1st time.

I'm sure I still have it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Definitely one of my favorites , It can be a bit of a grind , literally at times but very enjoyable.
    The megadrive version is truer to the original game (its more of a pen and paper RPG like Dungeons and Dragons than a board game), but I prefer prefer the snes one.
    The PC/Xbox thing was a waste of a licence , Microsoft should have done a VAmpire:T.M. style RPG or better still an MMO , rather than a ****ty FPS with elves.
    by the way the original RPG had a load of expansions , one of which was set in Ireland (Tír na Nóg sourcebook)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never played it but it's high up on my must play list. All the magazines at the time were raving about it. I heard the megadrive game is good as well but completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I never played it but it's high up on my must play list. All the magazines at the time were raving about it. I heard the megadrive game is good as well but completely different.

You should def give it a go man!! Didn't like the mega drive version at all, wasn't a patch on the Snes. Have no clue about the original Shadowrun universe but I do know this is one of my fave games of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

ye cant forget the megacd port *and i dont speak japanese

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Mega CD game wasn't a port but another original game. supposedly it's rather good but in japanese unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You should def give it a go man!! Didn't like the mega drive version at all, wasn't a patch on the Snes. Have no clue about the original Shadowrun universe but I do know this is one of my fave games of all time.

completely agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Agreed. This game is a classic and one of my absolute favorites. The SNES edition being the connoisseurs (and best) choice of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

There is an opinion out there that the megadrive version is better, I just couldnt get into it myself

Advertisement