Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scared of heights, Terrified of flying. But...,

Options
  • 06-05-2010 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Like the title says, I'm scared of heights and absolutely terrified by the prospect of getting on planes but I've been thinking about doing a sky-dive.

I want to do it because I hope it will cure my irrational fears. These fears only surfaced after I did my first bungee jump 3 years ago and I've done two since to try and get over said fears but it didn't work.

What do ye think?

Should I do the jump? 11 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 11 votes
    Shut it you ginger fool!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

If you think your able to do it do a tandem, that way you can't really back out as the instructor will push you to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

do it, it probably wont cure any fears you have but a fear of heights wont stop you from doing it and once your on the plane thats your fear of flying overcome and then you will enjoy the skydive woop woop go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

I know of a skydiver whos done the whole accelerated freefall course and a few base jumps. Sh*ts himself everytime he jumps over a wall though! Fear is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 JCskatepunk

Just do it! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

Rock climbing and abseiling will give more of a realistic feeling of height, and may have a bigger impact.

I found sky diving so surreal the height never registered.

A 40m abseil however used to scare the bejeebus out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TheVoid

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

When and where are you thinking of doing the jump?
    I would go for the tandem rather than the static line for a first jump.
    It will be one of the best experiences you will ever have imo.
    I have done the tandem and the static line and would prefer to do the tandem again.
    For a first jump you could try the one in Florida or California which has the highest in the world at 18,:eek::eek::eek: feet.
    One day soon I hope to do this one which will be twice the height of the tandem ive done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Do it the fear will be something else but from that fear will come a buzz that multible orgasims would find pushed to beat.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pjmurphy1981

go for it !!

Advertisement