Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We know you be troll, but we aint got proof.. ban?!

Options
  • 06-05-2010 6:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭

yes well yes you see yes well yeah. end of day all here on these boards and that is where we are on these boards thats where. On these boards is where. immaculate record outside of soccer forum but i feel im here so i am here i think but dunno where i am so need feedback from admin and mod but not not unless they agree with me yes. I am comfortable here and maybe i reported that sig but it needed to be and i didnt report it. honest. i didnt. had to report it though.

Why on this site where free speech and all isn't allowed, and what we say goes from the powers that be, do they let obvious trolls or obvious stupid people who don't add to said site roam free?! Users hate them so why not use the same powers that kill crazy opinions to ban obvious lunatics.

Some
    Obviously
    Think
    Say buh bye.

;)

Well.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

CHD wrote: »
    yes well yes you see yes well yeah. end of day all here on these boards and that is where we are on these boards thats where. On these boards is where. immaculate record outside of soccer forum but i feel im here so i am here i think but dunno where i am so need feedback from admin and mod but not not unless they agree with me yes. I am comfortable here and maybe i reported that sig but it needed to be and i didnt report it. honest. i didnt. had to report it though.

Why on this site where free speech and all isn't allowed, and what we say goes from the powers that be, do they let obvious trolls or obvious stupid people who don't add to said site roam free?! Users hate them so why not use the same powers that kill crazy opinions to ban obvious lunatics.

Some
    Obviously
    Think
    Say buh bye.

;)

Well.
    * Quoted for posterity in case poster tries to delete when sober. *

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Hill Billy wrote: »
    *Quoted for fail when poster realise how much poster failed*

Yes you are a poster and I hope you take that back end of day its against spirit of these boards.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Actually just in case there is people out there who dont read and cop on here it is in picture book form.

obvious_troll.jpg
    ab001bd980b901e0440181f1c32634761226380963_full.jpg
    succesful%20troll.jpg
    troll-web.jpg
    troll-ekstraenergi.jpg
    light.png
    idontknowbutimangryaboutit.gif
    angry.jpg

Obviously this is a touchy subject and not to be taken lightly from the replies or lack of. I think I am onto something here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think your pictures have taken from the serious issues in this thread, and should be removed immediately.

• Advertisement

I think your pictures have taken from the serious issues in this thread, and should be removed immediately.
    mitch you know yes and i know so yeah lucas has not set world a light alight light a but rafa deserves a season so take that back please. sf for you mods. no talking to them.

Do you get it now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Why on this site where free speech and all isn't allowed, and what we say goes from the powers that be, do they let obvious trolls or obvious stupid people who don't add to said site roam free?!

we don't. If someone is being a pain in the arse, we can remove them without having to quote the charter. The reason it hardly ever happens is twofold:

1. If I do it, I want to be 100% cast-iron, nailed-on certain I can defend it in helpdesk. Lots of reported posts from other users help build a strong case, by the way

2. Contrary to what some people would have you believe, most mods don't like banning people. I would only ban if repeated attempts at trying to get the poster to cop-on have failed, and usually they don't fail.

If you're talking about persistent re-regs, ime they are usually gone within about ten posts anyway.

tbh wrote: »
    we don't. If someone is being a pain in the arse, we can remove them without having to quote the charter. The reason it hardly ever happens is twofold:

1. If I do it, I want to be 100% cast-iron, nailed-on certain I can defend it in helpdesk. Lots of reported posts from other users help build a strong case, by the way

2. Contrary to what some people would have you believe, most mods don't like banning people. I would only ban if repeated attempts at trying to get the poster to cop-on have failed, and usually they don't fail.

If you're talking about persistent re-regs, ime they are usually gone within about ten posts anyway.
    Being serious here...

I know mods don't wana ban but maybe I have been lucky when dealing with sound mods like in poker forum before it moved and all soccer forum mods except United supporting ones, winner pickers. not really tbh, tbh. I only did that bit so i could say tbh tbh. Was worth it too.

Anyway, I know what your saying but on this site when you do something that you shoudn't you are gone, and when trolling/being stupid takes up a forum or two why can't mods or admins pick up on that and get rid of said dumbass. No free speech, no obvious idiots imo. Prob means banning me too but the double standards are richer than a nestle double choc bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

9iusnl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mods will for the most part given someone enough rope to hang themselves, yes there are posters who are a low level annoyance but until they pass a certain point they are given the benefit of the doubt. We can't ban people we don't like or who piss us off, or who we think are awaste of an account, boards would be a very different place if I could do a culling based on that :D

If you find someone to be such an irritant then put them on ignore.

Some people just don't get boards or the culture/community of certain forums and unfortunately rather then saying 'ok that place is just not for me' seem to go on a crusade to make it into what they want or how they think it should be despite the fact that majority of the posters are more then happy with the status quo.

As much of a pain in the proverbial they can be, it's not something which is a bannable offense unless it becomes very toxic to the communities and forums and like I said it's not something which this site has ever liked to do.

Tallon wrote: »
    9iusnl.jpg
    C'mon serious here, think you can post what you like cause you were a mod before? If you weren't a mod then please take that back. yes these boards are boards and refer to them as boards quite annoyingly give rafa a year and torres will stay.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Mods will for the most part given someone enough rope to hang themselves, yes there are posters who are a low level annoyance but until they pass a certain point they are given the benefit of the doubt. We can't ban people we don't like or who piss us off, or who we think are awaste of an account, boards would be a very different place if I could do a culling based on that :D

If you find someone to be such an irritant then put them on ignore.

Some people just don't get boards or the culture/community of certain forums and unfortunately rather then saying 'ok that place is just not for me' seem to go on a crusade to make it into what they want or how they think it should be despite the fact that majority of the posters are more then happy with the status quo.

As much of a pain in the proverbial they can be, it's not something which is a bannable offense unless it becomes very toxic to the communities and forums and like I said it's not something which this site has ever liked to do.

Serious hat on
    633874891055796485-SERIOUSHAT.jpg

Well, it isn't confused now. Tell ya that.

Get what you are saying but if someone is taking the complete piss or is just too stupid for here why not just get rid, why let an annoyance run free when a opinion or two is worth a delete here.

Like lets say a celeb in Ireland called Ryan Gerry was huge, literally and in popularity stopped his career and went off with elvis and shergar and people thought he was gone.. if i said Ryan Gerry did coke and likes hookers and is behind NAMA my post would be deleted, why not delete annoying accounts if the powers that be delete annoying posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

C'mon serious here, think you can post what you like cause you were a mod before? If you weren't a mod then please take that back. yes these boards are boards and refer to them as boards quite annoyingly give rafa a year and torres will stay.

Wha? I was never a mod before, I'm posting it because I cannot for the love of jesus, decifer your OP

IT happens when such posters can't help themselves and eventually go off on one and when it does they are site banned and repeatedly so, I can think of 7 such people off the top of my head.

But such posters can be marmite and banning them for being, well 'them' can often be more trouble then you expect when mods do take such action and people who don't post in the forum they are being an utter assbag in rear up in defense of them.

Mods tend to be pretty patient but that runs out eventually but they also have to be fair and be seen to be fair and as much as we can't let posters gang up on one person we can't take part in that our selves.

If a poster is a low leveling consistent disruption and the lines have become too blurred with them being such a source of irradiation to the mods, at that stage having a cat mod look over the situation can be a good thing.

Tallon wrote: »
    Wha? I was never a mod before, I'm posting it because I cannot for the loce of jesus decifer your OP
    I am sorry. You are just kinda slow. On boards issues and gossip, not in the head. :)

Thaedydal wrote: »
    IT happens when such posters can't help themselves and eventually go off on one and when it does they are site banned and repeatedly so, I can think of 7 such people off the top of my head.

But such posters can be marmite and banning them for being, well 'them' can often be more trouble then you expect when mods do take such action and people who don't post in the forum they are being an utter assbag in rear up in defense of them.

Mods tend to be pretty patient but that runs out eventually but they also have to be fair and be seen to be fair and as much as we can't let posters gang up on one person we can't take part in that our selves.

If a poster is a low leveling consistent disruption and the lines have become too blurred with them being such a source of irradiation to the mods, at that stage having a cat mod look over the situation can be a good thing.
    Well, this poster is that and if he is not a level cat mods should have been on it already.

btw I hate marmite.

angry.jpg

This isn't me mods

It is one of the most tricky situations mods have to deal with imho, as the poster doesn't clearly or blatantly break the rules of the forum or the site, and it can be hard to point back at how toxic their presence on the forum can be, as those who are outside of the community miss the nuances.

I get ya but in certain circumstances do you think it could and should be done. Dev won't think less of you. Honesty.

I think they should be reported to Gardai never mind report post function.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm assuming the poster CHD is referring to at the moment is currently on a 2 week ban from the soccer forum, having only recently enough returned from site ban.

I also believe CHD has been drunk/some other kind of messed up since around midnight from his ramblings :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

CHD, if you have a problem with a poster, feel free to report any posts that offend. There is a procedure in place for all this stuff and starting threads in feedback hinting at who you are talking about is not part of this procedure.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement