Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of coming to live in Australia? MOD ADVICE IN POST 32

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

bourgeois wrote: »
    Word of advice for people using recruitment agencies in Melbourne...

Stay away from Geoffrey Nathan. Don't get taken in by their speel about LAFHA. I've been here 8 weeks and the only jobs they are offering is to walk around town taking photos of pavement cracks. They have no IT jobs, no accounting jobs and no customer service jobs.

They are not actually a recruitment agency, they are a pay roll agency, which get in contact with other agencies.

They will provide you lafha and sponsorship etc, but you'll have to get a job yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bourgeois

hussey wrote: »
    They are not actually a recruitment agency, they are a pay roll agency, which get in contact with other agencies.

They will provide you lafha and sponsorship etc, but you'll have to get a job yourself.

Well they advertise jobs on their website. The testimonials on their website thank them for getting jobs for people. They tell you when you "register" with them that they have jobs.

They lie to rope you in and then they and take a large chunk of your LAFHA when you apply for it. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

hi just wanna say thank you for the information i search for a long time.i hope this can help my future.GOD BLESS YOU..

;) Your most welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fergarrff

Lads,

You all seem to know what you're talking about here and any chance you could give me some advice on my situation?

I've just received my first WHV and intend on going to Oz in March or April as I'm losing my job soon. I would love to eventually gain residency or just extend my visa once over there! I want to do all this by the book though.

Do you think I should go along with my WHV and can I then apply for such visas as the Skilled Migrant once in Oz and working or do I need to get sponsored by a company or what?

The Skilled Independent Migration one seems to suit me the best but should I spend €4k plus on trying to get one? Do they take long when applying at home?

I know the questions are all over the place but so am I! I believe I can't work for longer than 6 months with the WHV. Will I find it difficult to get work as a result? Supposedly plenty of work in my field over there!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fergarrff

Doc wrote: »
    ;) Your most welcome!

Doc, just wondering do you know if I do infact need to move back home after my 2nd WHV runs out, can I then apply for a Skilled Migrant Visa?

I just left a post there explaining my current situation!! Any help would be great! Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

fergarrff wrote: »
    Doc, just wondering do you know if I do infact need to move back home after my 2nd WHV runs out, can I then apply for a Skilled Migrant Visa?

I just left a post there explaining my current situation!! Any help would be great! Cheers!

Skilled migration visa is an offshore visa and you don't get a bridging visa, if its not granted by the time your 2nd WHV you will have to leave until it is processed and granted. Even if it is processed you will still have to leave Aus for the visa grant.

Fergarrff my advice to you would be to follow the plan I said in my first post. The skilled migrant visa is expensive and can take a long time to possess and there is no guarantee that you will even get it.

I suggest you use your WHV first. You might not even end up liking living in Australia at all and not want to stay longer then the year. You can apply for the skilled migrant visa while in Australia but as has been said you would have to leave the country and then come back in once it is granted. A friend of mine I worked with did this when she was on her husband’s student visa. She was told her application would be granted and went to Thailand for a week then came back as a resident. It did take a year for her application to be granted though.

Again although the skilled visa will make it easier for you to find an employer as there is no limitations on your working for them I would still suggest you follow the plan I set out in my first post here if you are struggling to find a job that will sponsor you then you might find it hard to get a good job here anyway. The WHV can allow you 2 years in Australia if you use it correctly and have skills that are wanted here which in my opinion is more then enough time to find a company that will sponsor you.

Again this is only my opinion but I’m speaking from the position of following my own plan and now being sponsored by a company here in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shen24

hoping some of u can help.....
    me and my boyfriend are currently trying to move to australia to work...he is a plasterer and im a self employed hairdresser...he was in australia last year for 10 weeks on a one year working holiday visa,but had to come home due to an emergency...he had started his australian regional work in a farm but because he had to come home he only got 3 weeks done and therefore doesnt qualify for a 2nd year visa....we have looked into a skilled migration visa but it seems to take too long...would b grate ful for any advice

shen24 wrote: »
    hoping some of u can help.....
    me and my boyfriend are currently trying to move to australia to work...he is a plasterer and im a self employed hairdresser...he was in australia last year for 10 weeks on a one year working holiday visa,but had to come home due to an emergency...he had started his australian regional work in a farm but because he had to come home he only got 3 weeks done and therefore doesnt qualify for a 2nd year visa....we have looked into a skilled migration visa but it seems to take too long...would b grate ful for any advice

It may be possible for you to be sponsored as a Hairdresser. I know at one stage they were crying out for hairdressers here for some reason. If you were to be sponsored on a 457 visa your boyfriend could be named on your visa as your defacto partner provided your relationship can be proven to meet the requirements of a defacto partnership he would be entitled to come over and work here for as long as you held a valid 457 visa with no restrictions on where he would have to work.

He could come over on a long holiday visa but he couldn’t work. He could be looking for sponsored employment himself (which would be hard to find but not impossible). It would mean that he would have to live off your earnings until you or him were sponsored.

Obviously if neither you nor he were to get sponsored by the time his visa ran out he would have to leave.

An alternative might be for him to enroll in a course over here that will entitle him to stay and to work a limited amount of hours per week. Or he could apply for the skilled migrant visa.

I know at one stage they were crying out for hairdressers here for some reason.

The reason was a visa loophole, foreign students would study this and so a couple of thousand visas were granted but no jobs were filled as it was an easy way to get a visa

hairdressers are no longer on the PR skills list, but still on 457 list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 claire*

hey just wondering if ye can help me out. Im on on a 1st whv and my boyfriends on a 2nd whv in oz. planning on stayin 2-3 years at least. thinking of applying for the skilled migrant visa (175) as my occupation is on the critical short list. dont really want to go down the sponsership route as we'l be tied to one place/company

Planning to apply for the skilled migrant visa start of march. Question is when you apply for it, are you still able to travel to other countries until your original visa is up? we'v booked tickets for the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand in September so just wondering wil applying for the visa affect goin 2 new zealand? probley unlikely but just said id ask!

Also has anybody had any personal experience of the time frame it takes to receive the visa? the immigration says anything up to 12 months. not sure whether to take a chance that it will be processed before the 12 months, otherwise my boyfriend wil have to go down the sponsership route.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

If you are looking to get the most out of your Working Holiday Visa and hope to stay for more then a year or two the following I believe is the best way to go about this:

Step 1: Save as much money as you possibly can

Step 2: Go online to www.immi.gov.au and apply for your first WHV

Step 3: Receive your Visa in approximately 24 hours

Step 4: Within 1 year of receiving your visa arrive in Australia.

Step 5: For the first 2-3 months travel around Australia seeing and doing as much as you can and find a place you would like to live for the remainder of your time in Australia.

Step 6: Once you have found a place you like find as good a job as you can get.

Step 7: Work in the job for 6 months (the current maximum time you are allowed to work for one company on the WHV).

Step 8: When the 6 months is nearly up and if you have enjoyed working for the company ask if the company will consider sponsoring you to stay in the country. Explain that the possess involved in sponsoring is relatively easy and very cheap compared to the expense involved in finding and training a new employee (In total the cost is $675, $260 of which you will probably pay yourself).

Step 9: If the company is willing to sponsor you apply for a 457 visa which entitles you to stay in the country for up to 4 years as long as you remain working for the company that has sponsored you.

Step 10: If the company is unwilling to sponsor you spend the remaining 3 months working in regional Australia in a job which will qualify you to apply for a 2nd WHV.

Step 11: Apply for your 2nd working holiday visa.

Step 12: Repeat steps 6,7, 8 & 9

Step 13: If the company is unwilling to sponsor you repeat steps 6,7, 8 & 9 again.

At this point you will have been in Australia for 2 years and may have met an Australian resident that you have started living with which may entitle you to apply for a defacto visa. Or you may be traveling with a partner that has a company who is willing to sponsor them to stay. If this is the case you could be named as their defacto partner and be eligible to be added to their visa which would allow you to stay and work.

This is my opinion on getting the most out of your WHV as someone who has been here and done it myself (I am currently on a sponsored 457 visa). It is the route I would recommend anyone >30 thinking of coming over here to take (with the possible exception of families with kids who want to emigrate to Australia.)

Anyone got any other advice?

This all-sound great apart from a few things. Just to play devils advocate

(Step 1)
    In these times of cuts, increased taxes job loses n the like not that easy to save any money.

(Step 2 , 3 , 4) To get a WHV you need to be under 30. Plus the WHV (Working Holiday Visa) is just that a working HOLIDAY visa . The Oz Gov see it as a holiday visa with rights to work to support your holiday not a way to get Australian residency

(Step 5) This is what the WHV is meant for a holiday

(Step 6, 7) When you decide to stay in one place and find a job. It's not as easy as you think. Could take you a few months to get a job that’s any way decent. Plus trying to convince an employer to hire a person that has only the right to work for 6 months isn’t easy either. By the time you possible do, it’ll be time for you to go and do your 3 months regional work to obtain the second part of your WHV.

(Step 8) If you do get a full time job that lasts for 6 months, odds are it’s probable not one of the ones that’s on the skills occupation list because if it was and you were skilled enough for it you would have already applied for Employer Sponsored Workers visa and entered the country on that visa .

(Step 10 , 11 12 ) By the time you find that the employer won’t or can’t sponsor you. You’re probably on you 2nd or last month of the first year of you WHV and as such missed the deadline for the 3 months regional work needed for the 2nd year of the visa.

( Step 13 ) Finally meeting and trying stay in the country, as a defacto isn’t that easy either. Your Aussie partner is going to have to put up an Assurance of Support which could be 10’s of 1000’s of cash to prove to the immigrations that you won’t be a drain on the country .

Plus there is the One-Year Relationship Requirement

All up what it really means is that the WHV isn’t in any way an easy quick way to get residency in Australia.

If you really want to move to Australia on a permanent basis check out the skilled visas options.

As I say don’t want to put a downer on anyones plans. Just want you to understand that the WHV isn’t a quick fix .

If you're under 30 the WHV is brilliant and an experience you will never forget but go on it in the right frame of mind. That’s a holiday away from all of the crap in Ireland and you never know what might happen but it’s not a way to migrate.

Ozeire wrote: »
    This all-sound great apart from a few things. Just to play devils advocate

(Step 1)
    In these times of cuts, increased taxes job loses n the like not that easy to save any money.

(Step 2 , 3 , 4) To get a WHV you need to be under 30. Plus the WHV (Working Holiday Visa) is just that a working HOLIDAY visa . The Oz Gov see it as a holiday visa with rights to work to support your holiday not a way to get Australian residency

(Step 5) This is what the WHV is meant for a holiday

(Step 6, 7) When you decide to stay in one place and find a job. It's not as easy as you think. Could take you a few months to get a job that’s any way decent. Plus trying to convince an employer to hire a person that has only the right to work for 6 months isn’t easy either. By the time you possible do, it’ll be time for you to go and do your 3 months regional work to obtain the second part of your WHV.

(Step 8) If you do get a full time job that lasts for 6 months, odds are it’s probable not one of the ones that’s on the skills occupation list because if it was and you were skilled enough for it you would have already applied for Employer Sponsored Workers visa and entered the country on that visa .

(Step 10 , 11 12 ) By the time you find that the employer won’t or can’t sponsor you. You’re probably on you 2nd or last month of the first year of you WHV and as such missed the deadline for the 3 months regional work needed for the 2nd year of the visa.

( Step 13 ) Finally meeting and trying stay in the country, as a defacto isn’t that easy either. Your Aussie partner is going to have to put up an Assurance of Support which could be 10’s of 1000’s of cash to prove to the immigrations that you won’t be a drain on the country .

Plus there is the One-Year Relationship Requirement

All up what it really means is that the WHV isn’t in any way an easy quick way to get residency in Australia.

If you really want to move to Australia on a permanent basis check out the skilled visas options.

As I say don’t want to put a downer on anyones plans. Just want you to understand that the WHV isn’t a quick fix .

If you're under 30 the WHV is brilliant and an experience you will never forget but go on it in the right frame of mind. That’s a holiday away from all of the crap in Ireland and you never know what might happen but it’s not a way to migrate.

Like Zambia mentioned its a case of Visa Dominoes, every thing has to fall into place at the right time. It did for me WHV>457>856>Citizen but I reckon after umteen trips to the Airport to farewell friends my conclusion is WHV to staying is not an easy route at all. I reckon it was a mixture of good luck and timing for myself maybe more the fact that I was in a unique industry and already had 7 years experience before I hit the shores on a WHV.

Those who got sponsored probably would say it was easy because they got a job and sponsorship was offered, but those who hunt around looking for sponsorship and dont succeed are bound to think its difficult to secure. Only over a good 5 years when you compare the amount of friends who got sponsorship compared to the amount who were seeking it and didnt then can appreciate the difficulty.

Here are some of the reasons why some people dont get sponsored.

1. Most employers are ignorant when it comes to Sponsorship.
    2. Some Employers are not eligible to Sponsor
    3. Some people dont have the required skills (ie. papers)
    4. Some people dont have the experience.
    5. Some employers dont want to spend the money.
    6. Some employers dont want any Government Authorities trawling through their business papers.
    7. Some employers wont sponsor unless you are able to work (legally) on a trial for 6 months (ie like a WHV)
    8. Some employers want you to already in Australia.

Of course there might be the odd exception now and then but the above reasons are quite common.

claire* wrote: »
    hey just wondering if ye can help me out. Im on on a 1st whv and my boyfriends on a 2nd whv in oz. planning on stayin 2-3 years at least. thinking of applying for the skilled migrant visa (175) as my occupation is on the critical short list. dont really want to go down the sponsership route as we'l be tied to one place/company

Planning to apply for the skilled migrant visa start of march. Question is when you apply for it, are you still able to travel to other countries until your original visa is up? we'v booked tickets for the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand in September so just wondering wil applying for the visa affect goin 2 new zealand? probley unlikely but just said id ask!

Also has anybody had any personal experience of the time frame it takes to receive the visa? the immigration says anything up to 12 months. not sure whether to take a chance that it will be processed before the 12 months, otherwise my boyfriend wil have to go down the sponsership route.

Thanks in advance

When you say 'apply' in march, do you mean start the whole process or actually send away your application after you have completed skills assessment etc?

You might want to check with the immigration department about if you can leave the country after you applied (or certainly can you get back in)

as for timeframes - anywhere between 3-24 months, depending on a whole bunch of questions.
    The first being 'skilled in what', what experience, what experience in Oz, etc etc

You're BF would be certainly be more safe to go 457 -> PR time wise

This all-sound great apart from a few things. Just to play devils advocate...

My post was to show people who are applying for a WHV how to make the most of that visa and how best to approach trying to get sponsored while on it if they wish to stay longer. Obviously if you want to be a permanent resident then your best bet is to get a visa that allows you to be that but so many people are unwilling to spend the money and wait the time that that visa takes to be granted.
    I know that If you want permanent residence then there are other visa options available but the WHV is the one that most people are getting coming over here. While I agree that some of the steps I mentioned aren't easy they are the ones you need to take and the amount of people who don't know or understand them particularly at the time I wrote it was quite high. I remember trying to explain the steps to one user a number of times and decided to just put down a simple lists of the steps I took or would have needed to take.
    As you have said its not easy for people to save money but the WHV is the cheapest visa that allows you to come and work in Australia all be it for a limited time. Nothing is guarantied in my steps but I just wanted to help people who didn't have a clue how to proceed and didn't want to wait and spend the money on the possibility of being granted a skilled visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

hi guys, great post, just read through the whole thing and it has given me a lot to think about and consider.

am 36yrs, female, with 15 years of office management & accounts experience with various computer courses etc over the years. have re qualified as a complementary therapist and beauty therapist and have 10 months work experience in this area. am considering immigrating but it might be a waste of time with my age and my skills. would be looking at summer 2013 to be heading away!

realistic? yes or no?? would plan to have €5k or more saved.

if i go ahead and try for a visa, what do i need to make application? what cost is the visa?

thanks

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    hi guys, great post, just read through the whole thing and it has given me a lot to think about and consider.

am 36yrs, female, with 15 years of office management & accounts experience with various computer courses etc over the years. have re qualified as a complementary therapist and beauty therapist and have 10 months work experience in this area. am considering immigrating but it might be a waste of time with my age and my skills. would be looking at summer 2013 to be heading away!

realistic? yes or no?? would plan to have €5k or more saved.

if i go ahead and try for a visa, what do i need to make application? what cost is the visa?

thanks

Took a quick look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/ and don't see any thing on it for Office manager or beauty therapist but do see

ANZSCO code 221111
    ANZSCO occupation Accountant (general)
    ASCO code and occupation 2211-11
    Assessing AuthorityAccountant CPA/ICAA/NIA
    Points 60

Unless you could do a course that might qualify you as a Accountant Technican (general) and with all the exprince you have in that might be able to get a skilled visa on that .

But if your planing on 2013 it's not an impossibility just will take a bit of planning that's all

Check out http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/ will answer all

My post was to show people who are applying for a WHV how to make the most of that visa and how best to approach trying to get sponsored while on it if they wish to stay longer. Obviously if you want to be a permanent resident then your best bet is to get a visa that allows you to be that but so many people are unwilling to spend the money and wait the time that that visa takes to be granted.
    I know that If you want permanent residence then there are other visa options available but the WHV is the one that most people are getting coming over here. While I agree that some of the steps I mentioned aren't easy they are the ones you need to take and the amount of people who don't know or understand them particularly at the time I wrote it was quite high. I remember trying to explain the steps to one user a number of times and decided to just put down a simple lists of the steps I took or would have needed to take.
    As you have said its not easy for people to save money but the WHV is the cheapest visa that allows you to come and work in Australia all be it for a limited time. Nothing is guarantied in my steps but I just wanted to help people who didn't have a clue how to proceed and didn't want to wait and spend the money on the possibility of being granted a skilled visa.

I understand Doc and that's great I just wanted to add that with so many people going in Skilled Visa's they will always trump people on WHV for jobs . As the employer see them as long term and not just 6 months max .

What everyone seems to be leaving out about Sponsorship is that the Aussie employers need to prove that the job can't be filled by an Australian first before they can go ahead and sponsor a person from overseas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

thanks ozerrie will have a look and see how i get on, i downloaded the 457 list and found make up artist which i am doing a course on and would hope to develop a good bit before i head off

What everyone seems to be leaving out about Sponsorship is that the Aussie employers need to prove that the job can't be filled by an Australian first before they can go ahead and sponsor a person from overseas.

Yeah that's the thing, some people hear down the pub or on RTE news about getting sponsored and think it's like as soon as you get off the plane there are tons of employers pulling the shirt of your back to sign the sponsorship forms and thats you emigrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭icrusader

hi there
    i am looking into emigrating to australia and would appreciate a bit of advice, i am a 41 year old plasterer( 20 years on the job in 5 countries) ,married with 2 kids and i was wondering what my options would be as regards visas or residency and also why do people keep saying " hang out for a while and see what it is like before committing to emigrate" surely it would be a hundred times better than here right now,and if i am being naive then what sort of things about australia would be "reasons not to emigrate"..
    thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VirtualWorld

Hey all.

As we're on the topic.... and covering lots of bases here, this is MY situation leaving me in need of advice.

I'm going to Perth in a few weeks time for a fortnights holiday, and to check the place out with a view to moving towards the end of the year.

I'll decide as I go how long I will stay. It could be 6 mths, or the rest of my life.

The facts:

I'm 43 Female

Have an aunt and uncle living in Perth.

I have years of experience in managerial roles in retail and have excellent references as financial controller, general office duties with a dip in financial acc stream of business studies. I can turn my hand to pretty much anything.

I have some savings that should prove I don't need to be a burden on the state.

Sounds to me I have no claim on the WHV... so what options MIGHT I have?

Thanks in advance. :):):)

Hey all.

As we're on the topic.... and covering lots of bases here, this is MY situation leaving me in need of advice.

I'm going to Perth in a few weeks time for a fortnights holiday, and to check the place out with a view to moving towards the end of the year.

I'll decide as I go how long I will stay. It could be 6 mths, or the rest of my life.

The facts:

I'm 43 Female

Have an aunt and uncle living in Perth.

I have years of experience in managerial roles in retail and have excellent references as financial controller, general office duties with a dip in financial acc stream of business studies. I can turn my hand to pretty much anything.

I have some savings that should prove I don't need to be a burden on the state.

Sounds to me I have no claim on the WHV... so what options MIGHT I have?

Thanks in advance. :):):)

First thing is is your occupation on the Skilled Occupation List? second is your qualifications actually enough to get you the skills assessment?

At your age you are already short of points, you need 120 but if your Aunt & Uncle sponsor you only need 100 otherwise you would have had to do IELTS to make up the short fall.

Getting family sponsored is not a free ticket, you still need to meet the skills assessment & make the occupation same as everyone else. Unless it's your last remaining relative alive (and I think this only works for siblings and parents)

To be brutally honest although not impossible it's not going to be an easy road.

Beware that the points system is changing in July, the age cut off is being raised from 45 to 50 but the trade off is that it suits highly skilled academics like university lecturer's etc.

Read immi.gov.au for all the information about the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Siobhan_d13

This thread is awesome for info! Considering going to Oz in September and was thinking if sponsorship was to come up I'd take it. I'll be a qualified secondary teacher which is on the skills list but I read on another post here somewhere that in order to be sponsored that you need to have 3 years relevant work experience? Which obviously I won't have. I'll be able to go de facto with my boyfriend if he gets sponsored I think.

So really there are 2 queries here. Can I get sponsored when I'll only be an newly qualified teacher, and can he get sponsored when his trade is on the skills list and he has 7 or more years experience but never finished his qualification?

It can be very hard to get through the information on the internet but this thread is the best that I've come across! Only think it's lacking is information for teachers! Thanks a million :)

So really there are 2 queries here. Can I get sponsored when I'll only be an newly qualified teacher, and can he get sponsored when his trade is on the skills list and he has 7 or more years experience but never finished his qualification?
    Yes, and Yes :D

But you just need to get a job first! Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Siobhan_d13

I really don't understand all this negativity towards jobs in Oz. I realise that a lot of people have this perception of Oz as a sort of Utopia, but surely things aren't as bad as here? I see that teaching jobs aren't as plentiful over there (Brisbane specifically where I've been searching) but I have no interest in teaching straight away when I get there. But for my boyfriend, who is a cabinet maker, are jobs hard to come by or even be considered for? I'd much rather be sure that I'm not going to spend two or three months unemployed when I get there, than get there and be skint - much like I am here!

I really don't understand all this negativity towards jobs in Oz. I realise that a lot of people have this perception of Oz as a sort of Utopia, but surely things aren't as bad as here?

Unemployment is only about 5% in Australia, but it can still be difficult enough to get a job without the correct visa and it can be tricky enough to get the visa without a Job.

Catch 22

If only they handed out visas in the pub when ever people are dishing out the pub talk

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

At the same time, if your not looking for a specific job, and would take a labour type job on site, then you could do worse that getting chatting to a guy in the bar.

fools be ahnding out the bosses number after a few schooners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Unemployment is only about 5% in Australia, but it can still be difficult enough to get a job without the correct visa and it can be tricky enough to get the visa without a Job.

Catch 22

If only they handed out visas in the pub when ever people are dishing out the pub talk
    Underemployment hides the issue.

• Advertisement

ballooba wrote: »
    Underemployment hides the issue.

Yes there is underemployment and you are correct it distorts the figures (probably a few %) but any employment is better than no employment.

But then on the subject of underemployment would that have a positive or negative effect for guest employees seeking work?

Advertisement