Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orwell/Lucan/Usher/UCD/Tiernans league race 6/5/10

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

el tonto wrote: »
    I agree, staying away is the priority. But if you can shed those sprinting passengers in the meantime, all the better.
    If you can, certainly do so. #1 ignore their plaintive cries to go slower! Beware, they are skilled in the mental side of things and good at following a wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

blorg wrote: »
    If you can, certainly do so. #1 ignore their plaintive cries to go slower! Beware, they are skilled in the mental side of things and good at following a wheel.

I went off with the SL group recently. I agree that if the stronger riders organised they would have a real chance of staying away. S/SS can ease up a bit when they get sight of the group in front if there is a good distance to the finish because those who had been working on the front tend to ease up to recover leaving those who had been sitting in to make a decision. On the narrow roads it can be hard to get past if L/SL is across the road and if a group is away and working well it might stay away. If a group had got away last night it would have had a good chance. I'm working against myself here-I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

where are the vids Lumen?

Here's one...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Come on Mike!

niceonetom wrote: »
    Avg speed last night was 42.2kmph which I think is a new high on that course for me. What was it for the SL? or L?
    montac wrote: »
    37.7kph for me in Limit.

Just to complete the stats, I recorded 40.1kph in semi-limit.

Also 174bpm, 227W, 94rpm. Fairly sedate as I averaged 176bpm for 1:20 in the Monie Nolan A4 a couple of weeks ago. Not sure evening racing is my bag.

@Niezchean: I had zero averaging off, have turned it on now. Also, set your Garmin to record data every second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Lumen for the love of Euroness will you edit these vids and remove the sound!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Lumen wrote: »
    @Niezchean: I had zero averaging off, have turned it on now. Also, set your Garmin to record data every second.

Had zero averaging off aswell, just flicked it and recording every second on.
    (anyone know the effect of that second setting on the 705's battery life?)

Stats Avg 40.3km/hr 183bpm 78.3rpm 246watts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

el tonto wrote: »
    Come on Mike!

My fan club! It's amazing how much slower it looks on camera, it certainly didn't feel it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Thats funny cos i was going to say that, and every i took that corner in a league race i felt like i was flying, i blame the camera man ! And you need a sean kelly voice over for commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

levitronix wrote: »
    Thats funny cos i was going to say that, and every i took that corner in a league race i felt like i was flying, i blame the camera man ! And you need a sean kelly voice over for commentary.

Ask Caroline to pronounce "Classement" and we can decide then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

OH god ... thats too funny

Advertisement