Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Define your daytime style

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

My daytime style is a bit all over the place really. I think it's always important to make an effort and always try and look ones best :).

Day to day my style varies a lot.. I'm very inspired by 50's/60's and 80's fashion, so that could mean one day a black mini dress, granny booties, tights and bouffant hair or another day it could be spray on skinnies, old skool high tops, band tee and a track jacket.
    Today for example I'm wearing a yellow zebra print crop top, black skirt, tights and biker boots, yesterday however it was leather pants, high tops, racer vest and hoodie ha.

I'm really loving playsuits at the mo, find them really handy for college, instant outfit!

I'm a real sucker for big hair :o. So chances are no matter what i'm wearing my hair will be very back combed lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Léan wrote: »
    I'm a real sucker for big hair :o. So chances are no matter what i'm wearing my hair will be very back combed lol.

Ha, I love big hair! My hair is kinda short, shoulder length and the back and shorter up fronnt but I an work wonders with backcombing and hairspray!

Great choice of tunes btw in your sig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Léan wrote: »
    My daytime style is a bit all over the place really. I think it's always important to make an effort and always try and look ones best :).

Day to day my style varies a lot.. I'm very inspired by 50's/60's and 80's fashion, so that could mean one day a black mini dress, granny booties, tights and bouffant hair or another day it could be spray on skinnies, old skool high tops, band tee and a track jacket.
    Today for example I'm wearing a yellow zebra print crop top, black skirt, tights and biker boots, yesterday however it was leather pants, high tops, racer vest and hoodie ha.

I'm really loving playsuits at the mo, find them really handy for college, instant outfit!

Sounds great, Also love playsuits they are so convenient.
    There are some lovely ones out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I almost always wear skirts/dresses with a pair a converse. And maybe a baggy jumper/leather jacket. I have 1 pair of (very very skinny) jeans that I like, so I wear them too the odd time. My hair is usually in plaits or in a big hairband. Don't really have a definable "style". When i go out I'm usually dressed the same, with a bit more make-up. Unless I'm going to a shitty nightclub in Cork with college people where they won't let you in unless you dress a certain way. Then I swap the converse for pumps, ha!
    Usually wear skirts and dresses to, Just find them more feminine to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I, like many others in this thread, like to try and look my best every day. This doesn't always happen, but the majority of the time I am pleased with what I'm wearing. I'm a guy, but I can't stand the plethora of lads my age with the bootcut jeans/runners/t-shirt/hoodie combo going on, and I do try and be a bit different in my dress style, compared to my friends anyway. I can probably think of about 3, or 4 lads in my extended group of frinds who make the effort to dress up and look good. It's sad, but I guess it helps us stand out more ;) Diamonds in the rough! christ I sound vein, I'm not! srsly

Usually during the day I'll wear skinny or slim jeans, preferably black or dark blue. I've just the one pair of Nike hi-tops, but they seem to go with everything. At the moment I'm broke so I can't really afford new clothes but I do my best. Generally I like wearing v neck t-shirts, with a bit of colour in them, or a cool or weird design. After that I'll wear cardigan or jacket or something nice that fits me well. If I'm lazy I'll just throw on a zip up hoodie. Only zip up though, can't stand the over the head ones. When I'm going out then I'd wear pretty much the same kinda stuff, but I'd make even more of an effort to look good. I'd love to branch out further in my dress sense but I'm as broke as Greece.

I love looking my best, and I do get the odd compliment about my dress sense, or the way I look, which is always a massive ego boost :) Makes you feel great. I just wish more lads would do the same. For the sake of ye wimminz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

cantos or o'neill trousers and hollister/american eagle t-shirts and hoodie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

cantos or o'neill trousers and hollister/american eagle t-shirts and hoodie

There's a surprise from 'gonnaplayrugby'.:P

Advertisement