Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops] News and Discussion

1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The tomahawk is capable of taking down killstreaks.

Im gonna take down a chopper gunner with one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Nice work!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 harry92

I know this may have been asked earlier but how do you play split screen offline as it says the other players must sign in. There is a wlan wifi network but can't sign in to psn as it is blocked... Is there any way to get around this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gave the game a break there for a while. Was playing the other evening and got napalmed on Nuketown.. when I respawned my gun had flames coming out sideways. Still fired as normal. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

GBX wrote: »
    Gave the game a break there for a while. Was playing the other evening and got napalmed on Nuketown.. when I respawned my gun had flames coming out sideways. Still fired as normal. :D

Screw respawning, I fight straight from hell!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wished they introduced some new game types, or at least brought back Mosh Pit and 3rd Person mode(I'm fairly sure I'm the only one who loved it from the lads I play with :pac:). Somewhat boring. Not the game, just the same ol game types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How does ops perform on a pc and are the servers good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

harry92 wrote: »
    I know this may have been asked earlier but how do you play split screen offline as it says the other players must sign in. There is a wlan wifi network but can't sign in to psn as it is blocked... Is there any way to get around this?

Not sure I think it says press X to sign in though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Played a game of demolition earlier on nuketown,was trying to defuse the bomb with a few seconds left,just as the clock hit zero I defused it but the bomb site blew up all the same.
    Anyway it was just weird that for the rest of the round I could see guys planting at a already blow up bomb site.

• Advertisement

Any chance its in theatre and you could upload it to here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any chance its in theatre and you could upload it to here?

I won't be back playing for another few days at least(back to college).
    Anyone know how long games stay in your "my recent games" list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

7 days, less if you're playing and it's more than 100 games ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Could be all of xbox but I only play Cod so said idpist in this forum and seeing as there's so many threads I wasent sure which to post in.

Anyways I keep getting messages, sometimes voice messages about getting free 1600 Microsoft points, I somehow doubt its ligit, anybody else getting these messages? They come in different varieties aswell.

Also bought mw2 2nd hand the other week got a bit bored of blops, gotta say I'm enjoying it more, can't quite put my finger on why still tryna figure why, much better campaign also, so so interesting, surely some film will someday be created using some if not all the story line, looking for cod 4 cheap now.
    I'm playing the series backwards it seems :rolleyes:

DavidVonderhaar David Vonderhaar
    No, you can't have Nuketown 24/7. Yet. Yes, you can have the TDM only Mercanary and a revised Merc Moshpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Could be all of xbox but I only play Cod so said idpist in this forum and seeing as there's so many threads I wasent sure which to post in.

Anyways I keep getting messages, sometimes voice messages about getting free 1600 Microsoft points, I somehow doubt its ligit, anybody else getting these messages? They come in different varieties aswell.

Also bought mw2 2nd hand the other week got a bit bored of blops, gotta say I'm enjoying it more, can't quite put my finger on why still tryna figure why, much better campaign also, so so interesting, surely some film will someday be created using some if not all the story line, looking for cod 4 cheap now.
    I'm playing the series backwards it seems :rolleyes:

A bunch of kids started it as a joke, its not legit, and I'm deleting anyone off my friends list who sends it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah i saw that tweet wtf is he doing messing with the Merc Moshpit???? It's brillian at the moment as nearly every session I've joined Nuketown always comes up, if they mess that I'll kill them (unless they give back nuketown 24x7)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Played a game of demolition earlier on nuketown,was trying to defuse the bomb with a few seconds left,just as the clock hit zero I defused it but the bomb site blew up all the same.
    Anyway it was just weird that for the rest of the round I could see guys planting at a already blow up bomb site.

Go to 8:20! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Black Ops Double XP and Player's Choice 24/7 Announced

Ever wished you could play Firing Range every game for an entire day? Or perhaps you'd like to experience Summit a bit more while still earning a decent amount of XP?

Well wish no more, as Treyarch have announced via Facebook that players will be able to choose the next 24/7 map playlist! Gamers can vote between the following maps Firing Range, Stadium and Summit.

Treyarch stated on the official Call of Duty community website that the winning map will be announced on Thursday 9th of February, and will see it's implementation into the game as a seperate playlist at 10am PST on Friday 10th of February alongside a full weekend of double experience for everybody. The event will continue on through the weekend and will conclude on Monday 12th February at 10am, at which time the playlist will be removed from the game.

The decision comes after the ferociously popular Nuketown 24/7 first saw it's inclusion in the game almost exactly one year ago, when the first double XP weekend began on February 4th 2010. Nuketown 24/7 has been included as a playlist during every double XP weekend that's been held since, and with current votes for new maps already resting just shy of 12,000 votes, one thing is certain: Black Ops players have a lot to look forward to this weekend.

To have your say in which map will be featured in this weekend's up and coming playlist, cast your vote at Treyarch's official Facebook page.

Source - Digital Warfare 24/7

EDIT: Black ops this weekend anyone :D

That is savage, at something like level 15 on my 14th prestige!

It's still a ****ing savage game.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    That is savage, at something like level 15 on my 14th prestige!

It's still a ****ing savage game.

Never had much time to play Blops so have not prestiged on it yet, hoping to do so after this weekend :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I've been asking about lately if people are interested so you can definitely count me in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

We should get a group on for this. I'd be well up for it

Firing range FTW

I've been asking about lately if people are interested so you can definitely count me in!
    x43r0 wrote: »
    We should get a group on for this. I'd be well up for it

Settled so! Must break it in during the week, still rusty at it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Jeez I haven't played blops in ages, must fire it on this week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'm gonna start playing some more so I have the L96 by the weekend

Summit 4 lyfe.

One of the true great CoD maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Summit 4 lyfe.

One of the true great CoD maps.

The only thing they got wrong was the A/C flag positioning (I forget which is the one you can rush from the start).

Cossax wrote: »
    The only thing they got wrong was the A/C flag positioning (I forget which is the one you can rush from the start).

The infamous nade spot you're referring to I think, if so.. yeah C flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Is that BLOPS double xp thing at the weekend definitely happening and on both consoles?

I'll be on if so!

Iv been back playing this the last 2 games

Its enjoyable now. If they got rid of ghost, last stand and actually fix the sniping, it be right up there with cod4

The hit markers on the sniping are ****ing killing me tbh

• Advertisement

Iv been back playing this the last 2 days

Its enjoyable now. If they got rid of ghost, last stand and actually fix the sniping, it be right up there with cod4

The hit markers on the sniping are ****ing killing me tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Came across this cretin, in TDM today, playing with two accounts. He waits until both accounts are on opposing teams. Heads off to quiet part of the map, the dummy account keeps dropping tactial insertions and the other account just plugs away. He ended up with 47 kills.

How do you know it was two accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

How do you know it was two accounts?

Both from Italy, names quite similiar. Dummy account has a k/d ratio of 0.08. Looked back through their recent games record and I watched back the game I played him in the theatre - it was obvious.

Advertisement