Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE radio live overnight for the UK elections.

• 06-05-2010 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Weird one! Its not like the interested can't listen or watch via several well known distribution and tranmission methods.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Newstalk are doing the same. I guess for people who only have access to radios and not TV or internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Would they do the same for the German elections? Which could be more important given they run the Eurozone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I've really been enjoying 5 live's coverage over the last few weeks I don't intend to change tonight.

Any word on the RTE panel?

Not yet, its hosted by Rachel English I presume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

mike65 wrote: »
    Weird one! Its not like the interested can't listen or watch via several well known distribution and tranmission methods.

Better than what would be played out overnight?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Would they do the same for the German elections? Which could be more important given they run the Eurozone.

I think the fact that Ireland is irrevocable linked to the UK on so many levels that German, French or elections in any other any other EU powerhouse would not have the same impact. The Irish diaspora is of huge significance as is the fact the the UK is our largest single trading parter.

Along with the fact that we both speak the same language... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

You might also add in the fact that one 5th of this island is part of the UK > hence the interest in the elections!

Yeah but Norn Iron is a dull cross party issue these days, it doesn't really matter which party (parties) is in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Makes little or no sense to this poster. There isn't the interest in the British elections over here that RTE seem to imagine. I'd imagine quite a few resources going in to these broadcasts as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Yeah but Norn Iron is a dull cross party issue these days, it doesn't really matter which party (parties) is in power.
    You obviously haven't followed what is likely to happen then?

If The Tories get in they have already partnered with the Unionists. This will immediately create a massive imbalance in decision making. Remember the most famous Tory leader of the past thirty years? What was her attitude to Northern Ireland and moreso to the Republic? So think on that and it may dawn on you that this election has potentially huge consequences for peace on our Island.

• Advertisement

Why do the Irish keep thinking in terms of old models, "Dave" is not Thatcher, Robinson is not Big Ian, 2010 is not 1979 and a whole bunch of other things have changed as well like the US interest in NI (until the mid 80s and the Hillsborough Agreement they keep well way from the subject). This election has zero consequences for peace, nutty militants pose more of a threat, if there is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Why do the Irish keep thinking in terms of old models, "Dave" is not Thatcher, Robinson is not Big Ian, 2010 is not 1979 and a whole bunch of other things have changed as well like the US interest in NI (until the mid 80s and the Hillsborough Agreement they keep well way from the subject). This election has zero consequences for peace, nutty militants pose more of a threat, if there is one.

You could be eating those words sooner rather than later!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I have to say 'well done' to RTE for excellent coverage and interesting debate on the issue.

Good call RTE.

Advertisement