Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FREE Canon Service Clinic

• 06-05-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

Just FYI

Image Supply Systems Photographic & Digital has announced that the next Complimentary Canon Service Clinic for professional digital SLR equipment will be held on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th May 2010 in the Dublin city centre showroom and service department on Liberty Lane, Dublin 8.
    The Canon Service Clinic is run twice annually by Image Supply Systems, a Canon EOS Professional Centre and Authorised Service Facility. Standard complimentary servicing includes lens and sensor cleaning, firmware updates and issue diagnosis.

IMPORTANT: Due to the volume of equipment to be serviced, only pre-booked equipment will be serviced.
    Customers will be given a service receipt and advised of turnaround time.
    Contact us with any queries on 01 478 2520 or email caroline@imagesupplysystems.com

Eligible Professional DSLR Range
    EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1D Mark III,EOS-1D Mark IV,
    EOS-1D Mark IIN, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1V.

Clinic Operation
    Due to the volume of equipment to be serviced, ***minimum turnaround time is 3-4 hours***
    Customers will be given a Service Docket for items deposited and advised of service time.

How to book for the Service Clinic
    Please email the following details to caroline@imagesupplysystems.com
    - Contact name
    - Contact phone number
    - Postal address
    - Details of equipment to be serviced including body/lens/flash model codes
    - Preferred Service Clinic day i.e. Wednesday 19th May (11am - 5pm) or Thursday 20th May (9.00am - 3.00pm)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Cheers for reminder Paul.. My stuff is overdue a once over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

might have to book some gear for wed and some gear for thurs ... so I can work each day !!

Thanks for the heads up Paul.....have a free thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

These things are always planned when I have exams on :( And my 1D sensor is in need of a clean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Its official, Canon users need to go to the Clinic ;)

do they have a psychiatrist to help you through your issues ?

Should have gone to Nikon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

sunny2004 wrote: »

Should have gone to Nikon ;)

How often do nikon do free services for their camera gear? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Cheers for the heads up Paul, I always miss this and I've nearly 2 years of dust accumulation on my 5D sensor :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

and I've nearly 2 years of dust accumulation on my 5D sensor :(

Dirty bugger ;):p:D

You cad! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Paulw wrote: »

I dont think Nikon cameras need servicing, do they ;)

I am kidding..

sunny2004 wrote: »
    I dont think Nikon cameras need servicing, do they ;)

Yeah, users can't tell the difference between dust and noise ;)

I too am kidding...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

never sniffle

5 years and no sensor clean

never sniffle

I get mine done twice a year at these clinics. It doesn't matter if it needs a clean or not. I just have it done.

I think I can only remember two occasions over the last 5 years when the sensor needed cleaning (visible dust spots).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

never sniffle

Famous last words...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

mrboswell wrote: »
    Famous last words...

never said it was clean... why do you think i'm shooting gigs again and trying out light painting... LOTS OF BLACK :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I get mine done twice a year. I'm jobless+it's free= no brainer.

just dropped them an email to arrange my cleaning/service with a list off the top of my head .....didnt realise I had so much stuff:

6 Canon Bodies
    19 Lenses
    5 flashes

.... hopefully they can clean/service it all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Yeah, users can't tell the difference between dust and noise ;)

Dust? What dust, it's lovely "grain". :P

PCPhoto wrote: »
    just dropped them an email to arrange my cleaning/service with a list off the top of my head .....didnt realise I had so much stuff:

6 Canon Bodies
    19 Lenses
    5 flashes

.... hopefully they can clean/service it all.
    I thought I had read 2 bodies limit, I could be wrong and I can't backtrack my emails to check....Mine being done Wedensday morning, 1 cam and 1 or 2 lens, not sure what lens to get done?
    Maybe the last 2nd hand 1 I bought which is the 135L 2.0 and erm 1 other. :)

All they do is give the gear a clean and check the firmware levels on the bodies.

I don't think there's any limit on what you can leave in.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jspruit

I sent an email to Caroline regarding cleaning when this post was first started, but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else heard back via email, phone, or post regarding their cleaning appointment?

• Advertisement

It took her a few days to get back to me but I was emailed back and confirmed for wednesday.

This time it took her longer then usual to get back to me but it was done via e-mail.
    If I was you I'd phone ISS today and tell them you've had no reply back yet.

Just show up, say that you booked the stuff in. They will service the gear for you (but they will check that you did email in).

I only received the confirmation yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Will they look over my 1965 Pellix QL and my 50mm f1.4 prime? =O

(My guess is no.)

Heebie wrote: »
    Will they look over my 1965 Pellix QL and my 50mm f1.4 prime? =O

(My guess is no.)

Tipex 'Canon' onto them, with such a high volume of gear coming in I doubt they'll notice.

Eligible Professional DSLR Range
    EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1D Mark III,EOS-1D Mark IV,
    EOS-1D Mark IIN, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1V.

These are the only cameras they will service as part of this free clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

anyone drop any gear off today im heading up there soon will post feedback later

My gear was left in this morning (by wife). I'll get them back tomorrow, all cleaned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

do they fix cameras? thing my flash on 40d is bonkers.

Placebo wrote: »
    do they fix cameras? thing my flash on 40d is bonkers.

Nope, they don't.

Ring ISS, but from their emails, --

The Canon Service Clinic is run twice annually by Image Supply Systems, a Canon EOS Professional Centre and Authorised Service Facility. Standard complimentary servicing includes lens and sensor cleaning, firmware updates and issue diagnosis.

So, they will diagnose that there is a fault, but will not fix anything there and then.

Had all my stuff back by 2.30.
    Normally I just leave in my Cam and whatever lens is on it but I brought 4 lens this time, I didn't feel guilty, some people had brought more stuff than a travellers wedding party.

:D

Met Ballyman up there. :)

Had all my stuff back by 2.30.
    Normally I just leave in my Cam and whatever lens is on it but I brought 4 lens this time, I didn't feel guilty, some people had brought more stuff than a travellers wedding party.

:D

Met Ballyman up there. :)

thats funny - phoned ISS tues to confirm my email and everything was ok - they said there was a 2 lens, 2 camera, 2 flash limit ...... tut tut tut .... ISS wont be getting ANY sales from me with that kind of attitude.

;) (do they not realise who I am !!! :P) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

thats funny - phoned ISS tues to confirm my email and everything was ok - they said there was a 2 lens, 2 camera, 2 flash limit ...... tut tut tut .... ISS wont be getting ANY sales from me with that kind of attitude.

They took much than that from me.

Just go up with the stuuff, I mean I seen some guys bring up 4-5 bodies. :eek:
    In fact there was a guy there this morn and by coincidence I seen him again at 2.30, I was thinking he was picking up his stuff but in fact he was leaveing in more stuff!! He was on 1st name terms with the staff so I imagine he is a pro who gets his stuff from there for his business, there was also a jeep outside with some photography logo, can't remember exactly what it said.

• Advertisement

Obviously the don't know who you are or care and you obviously didn't realise its a Canon clinic hosted by ISS.

They probably don't want the hassle with your kind of attitude.

Its a free service... no need to be greedy!

mrboswell wrote: »
    Obviously the don't know who you are or care and you obviously didn't realise its a Canon clinic hosted by ISS.

They probably don't want the hassle with your kind of attitude.

Its a free service... no need to be greedy!

Canon provide these at no cost, aimed at the professional market for a very good marketing reason (i.e there is no diagnostic and repair service available in Ireland).

If I were a professional, investing big sums in Canon equipment, I'd be more than annoyed being told two lenses etc are all they'll look at tbh.

Covey wrote: »
    Canon provide these at no cost, aimed at the professional market for a very good marketing reason (i.e there is no diagnostic and repair service available in Ireland).

If I were a professional, investing big sums in Canon equipment, I'd be more than annoyed being told two lenses etc are all they'll look at tbh.

There's normally a queue out the door on both days with people dropping off gear. Even with the limit, there is massive demand.

For free, I think it's more than fair for only two items. Hell, if I dropped in all my gear, I think I'd have a good number of lenses.

For free, I think it's more than fair for only two items. Hell, if I dropped in all my gear, I think I'd have a good number of lenses.

If I was a Pro Paul, which I'm not as you know, I would not be happy with that. Yes there are workarounds, but for the figures you're talking about investing, maybe very costly indeed.

These are standard in other countries.

A pro would have coverage under CPS, so they can get their gear cleaned/serviced at any stage with a very quick turnaround. And, if memory serves me correct, CPS entitles you to free cleaning anyway.

• Advertisement

A pro would have coverage under CPS, so they can get their gear cleaned/serviced at any stage with a very quick turnaround. And, if memory serves me correct, CPS entitles you to free cleaning anyway.

Not even a fraction of what you get elsewhere, Paul.

How do you mean?

Nikon don't do any similar service (nor do other camera makers).

Only Canon seem to offer these free clinics. With the cost involved (to them), I don't see an issue with 2 bodies/2 lenses, per person.

How do you mean?

Nikon don't do any similar service (nor do other camera makers).

Only Canon seem to offer these free clinics. With the cost involved (to them), I don't see an issue with 2 bodies/2 lenses, per person.

Paul,

Try and get a normal service in Germany vis a vis Ireland and you'll know what I mean.

Covey wrote: »

Actually this clinic is more so aimed at the prosumer market - there are far more people attending these clinics with prosumer bodies than there are with pro level bodies.

Professional photographers should be covered under CPS as Paul said.

With regard to my original post the equipment limit was not down ISS but Canon.

In Ireland we get ripped of everywhere - there is a general apathy in this country to bad service.

As a non professional I think the service you get is very reasonable. Like wise the service Paul and myself get with CPS is reasonable.

If you brought your car back to toyota every year do you think they would give your car a clean for you? Eh.. no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I dropped in three cameras and AR dropped in a bag of lenses without any questions.

Then again we probably ruined it for everyone else and were extremely unprofessional in our behaviour :D God help us.

Well it is in our all our interests to act professionally - taking the piss just makes it difficult in the long run.

Of course someone could easily complain to the relevant authority that someone got preferential treatment or whatever and then no third body of a bag or lenses for everyone....or maybe they will just tell you that you are limited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

At the minute there's a lot of unprofessional behaviour shown by people which needs to be stopped. Things like this will ruin it for everyone else and also a few other matters which will come back to haunt people. What goes around, comes around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Ye are gas men!! :D

Nothing funny about it.

Got my gear back today, all cleaned. Nice clear sensor again, not that I saw any dust on it before leaving it in.

That's it until the next free service clinic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement