Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FREE Canon Service Clinic

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

kensutz wrote: »
    At the minute there's a lot of unprofessional behaviour shown by people which needs to be stopped. Things like this will ruin it for everyone else and also a few other matters which will come back to haunt people. What goes around, comes around.

I asked politely is it ok and this is the 1st time I've brought more then 1 cam and 1 lens.
    Everyone else I seen had numerous bodies.
    But as people have said I appreciate this service and next time Carolind drops a line I will say 1 body and 2/3 lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I dropped in a body, 2 lenses and a flash at 11am, got them back at 2. 5D is notorious for dust spots but thankfully they're all gone :D

...for the time being.

The lads who dealt with me were bang on too, apart from trying to sell me a Lacie RAID (hey, I'm in their shop, they do have to try).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

They never try to sell me anything, I must look poor!
    although didn't stop me giving enviously looks at the new 70-200L IS mk II
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I don't think it was anything to do with you, i think he just saw me with my little LowePro bag (didn't have the Slingshot with me) and my Macbook and said to himself "now THERE'S someone who doesn't know how to properly back up his data!"

I should carry around a picture of my Raid Array to show people in situations like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭waldo

Anybody any idea if IIS are open on Saturday. I got caught up in work and couldnt collect my stuff yesterday. There is nothing on their website about opening hours, and the phone is ringing out. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

waldo wrote: »
    Anybody any idea if IIS are open on Saturday. I got caught up in work and couldnt collect my stuff yesterday. There is nothing on their website about opening hours, and the phone is ringing out. Thanks.

I don't think they are. I think it's just Mon-Fri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I think we should arrange a postal service for next year for those of us that will have exams during this for the next 4 years... :pac:

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I think we should arrange a postal service for next year for those of us that will have exams during this for the next 4 years... :pac:

Ah, come on. You had over 2 weeks of notice. :D Surely you could arrange to get your gear to someone who could drop them in/collect them for you? :confused:

You just need to plan better for the next clinic. ;) I think it's around Aug/Sept time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

mrboswell wrote: »
    Obviously the don't know who you are or care and you obviously didn't realise its a Canon clinic hosted by ISS.

They probably don't want the hassle with your kind of attitude.

Its a free service... no need to be greedy!

hold on a sec .... my message was said in gest !! .... no need to personally attack me claiming my attitude is wrong and that I'm greedy !!!

I do take offence to your message and I thought it was clear that the "do they not know who I am" comment was messing, especially since it was in brackets and with a couple of joke type smiley faces - maybe its time boards.ie invented the sarcasm smiley...or one that holds up a placard saying "I'm joking - dont anyone give out to me".

I am a professional photographer and have been operating for over 10yrs, I am on first name terms with the people in ISS (especially as Niall's family in Cork live near friends of my dad's...but thats neither here nor their) and sometimes know some names of the Canon service people - if they dont remember my name they usually remember my face. (I have a round shaped face - people remember it)

the reason I phoned ISS to check everything was ok was twofold - to check that they received the message and if it was ok to bring that much gear up - so that (to me) proves I wasnt "Greedy".

and the comment about "do they not know who I am" ... during the phone conversation she (Caroline) asked "where I was" .... I was unsure what she was on about and just said "I'm down the courts" ... on reflection afterwards she was asking my company name .... which probably would have gotten me a different answer instead of the limit she said.

As for the "Limit" - it was ISS who decided it as I could hear Caroline asking Niall - in the background, I can see why theres could/would be a limit for ordinary prosumers - and even a limit for agencies and professionals - ISS are generally relaxed with the amount of stuff that are taken in - its no problem, after all its all just a way for Canon to see who's buying their stuff and if someone isnt a CPS member - they want to add you to their marketing list.

Mr Boswell - as a prosumer you have a very "different" attitude to many other photo enthusiasts that I know - I dont want to criticise your attitude because you are entitled to it and at the end of the day we all meet someone with different attitudes to our own.

Professional photographers should be covered under CPS as Paul said.

As a non professional I think the service you get is very reasonable. Like wise the service Paul and myself get with CPS is reasonable.

for those that dont know what CPS is .... "Canon Professional Services"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Oi,

just do me a favour and cool down a little. There are ice cubes in the fridge for anyone who so needs.

okay?

thanks.

your friendly overworked confused "why can't everyone just get along" mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Paulw wrote: »
    Ah, come on. You had over 2 weeks of notice. :D Surely you could arrange to get your gear to someone who could drop them in/collect them for you? :confused:

You just need to plan better for the next clinic. ;) I think it's around Aug/Sept time.

Hmmm, That's true :pac:

But cheers, I didn't know it repeated in August/Sept, Will definitely make that if it goes ahead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

PCPhoto wrote: »
    hold on a sec .... my message was said in gest !! .... no need to personally attack me claiming my attitude is wrong and that I'm greedy !!!

I do take offence to your message and I thought it was clear that the "do they not know who I am" comment was messing, especially since it was in brackets and with a couple of joke type smiley faces - maybe its time boards.ie invented the sarcasm smiley...or one that holds up a placard saying "I'm joking - dont anyone give out to me".

I am a professional photographer and have been operating for over 10yrs, I am on first name terms with the people in ISS (especially as Niall's family in Cork live near friends of my dad's...but thats neither here nor their) and sometimes know some names of the Canon service people - if they dont remember my name they usually remember my face. (I have a round shaped face - people remember it)

the reason I phoned ISS to check everything was ok was twofold - to check that they received the message and if it was ok to bring that much gear up - so that (to me) proves I wasnt "Greedy".

and the comment about "do they not know who I am" ... during the phone conversation she (Caroline) asked "where I was" .... I was unsure what she was on about and just said "I'm down the courts" ... on reflection afterwards she was asking my company name .... which probably would have gotten me a different answer instead of the limit she said.

As for the "Limit" - it was ISS who decided it as I could hear Caroline asking Niall - in the background, I can see why theres could/would be a limit for ordinary prosumers - and even a limit for agencies and professionals - ISS are generally relaxed with the amount of stuff that are taken in - its no problem, after all its all just a way for Canon to see who's buying their stuff and if someone isnt a CPS member - they want to add you to their marketing list.

Mr Boswell - as a prosumer you have a very "different" attitude to many other photo enthusiasts that I know - I dont want to criticise your attitude because you are entitled to it and at the end of the day we all meet someone with different attitudes to our own.

for those that dont know what CPS is .... "Canon Professional Services"

Sorry if that came over tetchy PC. You are right and I misunderstood where you were coming from. I'm not a professional photographer but certainly more that a photo enthusiast and as such I avail of CPS as much as I do the free Canon clinic in ISS.
    I thought that you were saying you had a right to get as much equipment serviced as you wanted because you paid a lot for it.

I obviously misread your post as I glanced over it quickly, so I'm sorry for the greedy remark.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Hmmm, That's true :pac:

But cheers, I didn't know it repeated in August/Sept, Will definitely make that if it goes ahead :)

They host them twice a year. When I get the mail about the next clinic, I'll post up again. You have been warned. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Sorry if that came over tetchy PC. You are right and I misunderstood where you were coming from.

I obviously misread your post as I glanced over it quickly, so I'm sorry for the greedy remark.

This seems to be quite a common occurence recently among some people. Pity they still haven't gotten the hang of this apologising lark yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Ballyman wrote: »
    This seems to be quite a common occurence recently among some people. Pity they still haven't gotten the hang of this apologising lark yet.

Although this seems to be moving slightly sideways from an ISS/Canon clinic I'll happily admit when I'm wrong, apologise if I've caused an offense, try to learn something from it and move on. So I'm moving on....with my clean cameras thanks to ISS/Canon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement