Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too early to test?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys! please help if you can,
    i am on the pill 5 + years, i miss the odd pill now and again never any trouble but the week before last i missed one and all last week and this week ive been feeling really sick, food smells gone off stuff i like i had a miscarriage 7 years ago and i had bad morning sickness before i lost the pregnancy and this feels identical, since last thursday ive taken 4 tests all negative but they all say u can only get a result max four days before period is due and even then its only 50 % accurate if testing four days early, im confused because im on the pill isnt that a fake period? i am due my 7 day pill break on sunday( im still taking them should i stop??) for the week so ill be due my period around weds of next week, is it possible im just testing too early and does the pill effect the tests? has anyone else tested too early and got negative then when testing the right time get positive im putting off going to the doctor about the sickness til i know whether or not its because i could be pregnant moneys tight this week!
    thanks so much any feedback greatly appreciated xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Curious it is a little to early..I would wait until the weekend at least..
    If you have taken all of your pills correctly then it is unlikely but if you have been sick / upset stomach on anti biotics or forgotten one then there is a chance you could be..

I would wait until Saturday or Sunday if you can and try then,
    Best of luck ..Hope you get the response you want :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My only advice is go see the doctor, I know things are tight, but it's the only way to know if your doing any harm to the possible baby by taking the pill.

All I can say is ring the doc and ask if you can fix them up next week after you get paid. If you are pregnant the visit may be free anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks guys still feeling sick esp on way to work in car my god, so impatient just want to know now either way was gonna start trying soon anyway :) ill keep u posted either way x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hope27

Hi OP, I'd wait if I were you.

I did a First Response test 5 days before my period was due and it was 100% negative, tested 1 day after missed period and it was positive..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks hope, im gonna test tommorrow or next day if period doesnt come thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Hope27 wrote: »
    Hi OP, I'd wait if I were you.

I did a First Response test 5 days before my period was due and it was 100% negative, tested 1 day after missed period and it was positive..

I did a clearblue digital 3 days before my period was due and it was negative, I did a clearblue dipstick 3 days after my period was late and it was positive, but only a faint line, 3 days later it was a stronger line

Advertisement