Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating!

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hey, so I'm seriously considering repeating in O' Connells next year, I've done sweet FA this year, and im going to fail. Does anyone know how much it costs to repeat in O' Connells? & Also, what subjects are the easiest ones to pick up in a year? At the moment I do:

English
    Irish
    Maths
    Classical Studies
    Spanish
    Biology
    Business

In all honesty I dislike my subjects, I wouldnt be looking to keep on a language as I will already have my entry requirement for this, and Classics is a no-go!! Maybe accounting? Does anyone have any recommendations of what subjects to do in a year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

Geography. Very crammable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If you're decent at maths (Like an A or B in pass would have you sorted) physics is easy and has quite a short course.

Biology is simple, keep it.

If you're definitely gonna repeat, cram Irish and English now, because if you're only doing pass Irish, you can drop it (Provided you're not doing it for points) and English would be a pain to repeat in a year (Different poets/texts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Top tip to you five weeks before the exams have even started: don't give up.

You'd be surprised at what you can achieve in that time and what happens in the exams yourself. Don't pack it in now and end up only a few points short of college!
    Don't resign yourself to repeating just yet. It's a really bad mental place to be before exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Economics.

That is all :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact the school first and see what subjects they offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Sure you might as well just give the LC a bash now. You might surprise yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Kersmash wrote: »
    Sure you might as well just give the LC a bash now. You might surprise yourself.

You have over a month left!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I dont think I'll get my points but I'd rather eat my own ass than repeat so just try your best, 4 weeks is an awfully long time when you think about it. Best of luck ;)

Advertisement