Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee shop type establishment?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I'm heading into town later to meet a friend & will probably grab a coffee or maybe some lunch at some stage.

Can anyone suggest somewhere we could go that is not Starbucks or O'Briens, as we always seem to end up in these fecking chain store type establishments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 irishabi

if you'd like a real experience then I'd recommend here:

http://tea-garden.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Keogh's Cafe on Trinity Street but its a bit pricey and cramped. Or Loft Cafe on Grafton Street, above a newsagent. Great people watching by one of the upstaires windows.

Towns big. Where are you going to be around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cake Cafe on Pleasant Street

Queen of Tarts on Cow's Lane

Joy of Cha on Essex Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Simon's Cafe in the George's St. Arcade - good coffee/nibbles and friendly service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

irishabi wrote: »
    if you'd like a real experience then I'd recommend here:

http://tea-garden.eu/

Ah how have I never heard of this place!?!!? I can't wait to go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A lot of the hotel lobbies are good to meeting up for coffee during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Thanks for the suggestions guys, ended up only going to the cinema after but I'll check a few of these out at some stage.

Advertisement