Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CL Qualifying Round Info

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Just had a look on the Uefa site, the draw is on July 16th, with the first leg to be played 27th/28th July and 2nd legs to be played 3rd/4th August.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/newsid=1478141.html

Anyone got any idea what the Play Off 1st Leg and Play Off 2ng leg (17th/18th Aug & 24th/25th Aug ) relates to ???

A bloke in the Bricklayers last Sat was telling me that the capacity for the Lane will only be 29k for the CL game/s due to the advertising etc around the pitch ! Is this true ? Pity if it is !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Just had a look on the Uefa site, the draw is on July 16th, with the first leg to be played 27th/28th July and 2nd legs to be played 3rd/4th August.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/newsid=1478141.html

Anyone got any idea what the Play Off 1st Leg and Play Off 2ng leg (17th/18th Aug & 24th/25th Aug ) relates to ???

A bloke in the Bricklayers last Sat was telling me that the capacity for the Lane will only be 29k for the CL game/s due to the advertising etc around the pitch ! Is this true ? Pity if it is !!

The play off ties are the round we go in at.

4th placed teams from:

England
    Spain
    Italy

3rd from:

France
    Germany

Go into the non-champions round, along with the 5 winners of the 3rd qualifying round for non-champions:

3rd Russia (Zenit)
    2nd in Romania, Portugal, Holland, Scotland, Turkey, Ukraine, Belguim, Greece, Czech Republic.

The good news is we'd almost certainly be a seeded team in the qualifiers, avoiding possibly Sevilla, Lyon, and Bremen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ah I see, good man. I was thinking it looked strange cos you mentioned late August when we were talking about it last Sat. Would be sweet if we were seeded alrite.

Advertisement