Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can you find out the name of the landlord of a particular property?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

My friends lives next door to a house with extremely noisy tenants so she wants to complain to the landlord (her daughter is sitting exams and can't study or even sleep!).

Is there a register of landlords searchable by address somewhere?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

freeatlast wrote: »

Is there a register of landlords searchable by address somewhere?

No, there isn't. And, even if there was, the information would be protected under the Data Protection Act, so people couldn't get the information.

It's very difficult to find who owns a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Have a look on the PRTB website and if you can find the address on the database, write to the PRTB and they will give you the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Could your friends not approach the neighbours and discuss it calmly? Running to a landlord is a headache for all involved. There's not much a landlord can do about noisey tenants and in the current market a landlord is hardly going to kick paying tenants out because they're upsetting someone that has nothing to do with him.

angel01 wrote: »
    Have a look on the PRTB website and if you can find the address on the database, write to the PRTB and they will give you the details.

They cant give out those details.

Cathooo wrote: »
    Could your friends not approach the neighbours and discuss it calmly? Running to a landlord is a headache for all involved. There's not much a landlord can do about noisey tenants and in the current market a landlord is hardly going to kick paying tenants out because they're upsetting someone that has nothing to do with him.

They will evict them if it is an issue, I had problems with noisy neighbours and got the landlords details through the PRTB and they were evicted. Noone has to put up with this.

• Advertisement

They cant give out those details.

They can and they do. :)

They will evict them if it is an issue, I had problems with noisy neighbours and got the landlords details through the PRTB and they were evicted. Noone has to put up with this.

Approaching the neighbours first would be a much better option. Can people not stand up for themselves these days without running to landlords and the PRTB and wasting time and money.

No landlord would want to evict paying tenants who arent causing any problems to their property these days.

Approaching the neighbours first would be a much better option. Can people not stand up for themselves these days without running to landlords and the PRTB and wasting time and money.

No landlord would want to evict paying tenants who arent causing any problems to their property these days.

That is rubbish, if you have tried approaching them and they don't listen, why should you have to put up with this. The fact is they are causing a problem to their property by causing noise and upsetting other neighbours.

It is not wasting time and money when it is driving you insane, everyone has the right to peace and quiet. I am so much happier now at home. It is about showing respect for other people.

That is rubbish, if you have tried approaching them and they don't listen, why should you have to put up with this. The fact is they are causing a problem to their property by causing noise and upsetting other neighbours.

It is not wasting time and money when it is driving you insane, everyone has the right to peace and quiet. I am so much happier now at home. It is about showing respect for other people.

Exactly :) approach them first.

Exactly :) approach them first.

You have to understand it can depend, maybe they feel threatened and are not able to approach them, or fear they will be attacked or something so in that case, I expect they prefer to use the PRTB and that is what they are there for :)

• Advertisement

You have to understand it can depend, maybe they feel threatened and are not able to approach them, or fear they will be attacked or something so in that case, I expect they prefer to use the PRTB and that is what they are there for :)

My point was always advising the first course of action to be to approach the neighbours yourself, if landlords weren't involved what would you do then?

A noisey neighbour doesnt necessarily equate to a threatening neighbour. A simple calm conversation can save the day, no skin off the person nose.

My point was always advising the first course of action to be to approach the neighbours yourself, if landlords weren't involved what would you do then?

A noisey neighbour doesnt necessarily equate to a threatening neighbour. A simple calm conversation can save the day, no skin off the person nose.

You may be a confident person who has no problem doing it, others may not and may be scared to say something. I would never approach at the moment they were causing noise because you don't know what they have drunk/taken and may risk causing harm to yourself.

Advertisement