Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox360 1 red light error E74

• 06-05-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Lads,

Can anyone give me a fix for the 1 red light error ?

Thanks,
    G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you've had the console for less than 3 years, it can be fixed for free by Microsoft. It'll be sent off to Germany for a week or two for repairs.

To get things started, call Microsoft:
    +353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
    1 800 509 197

Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

Thanks for the info but is there any steps i can go through to maybe fix the problem, before i send it back to microsoft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not really. The E74/RROD error is a hardware failure. You could check and make sure all the wires are plugged in correctly, vents are clear from obstructions and the console is well ventilated (not in a TV unit with the doors closed), but it's a problem with the internals at this stage.

Any attempt to fix it with the kits sold on eBay would require the Xbox to be opened up. That'd void your warranty, and might only work in the short term, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

Ok... Cheers man. Appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i got this error and another bunch oh "E" errors + the 3 red rings on monday but seems to be ok now, if its under 3 years contact microsoft and get it fixed asap, i opened mine up gave it a good thorough looking at cleaned it out, tried all the trouble shooting steps, whatever i did which really was f all apart from crack it open and trouble shooting its ok now for the time being

But it fckd up my new splinter cell cd! scratches all around the disc =/

but yeah defintily contact microsoft if its not 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Sorry to hijack the thread but dont think i warrant a whole new thread.

Are all 360's bought years ago doomed to the rrod curse? :o

i think they just slowly die after a few years! i went to change the date on my one thats gone a little awol and the default date was 01-01-2005 so its an oldie xbox even though i only got it late '97 ...the chipsets were also better in the elites as aposed to premium/arcade in the earlier models i think, not fully sure myself

i'd imagine the new ones are better with Moore's law and all that jazz... especially at lasting? ... and i also wonder are they as loud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

-=al=- wrote: »
    i'd imagine the new ones are better with Moore's law and all that jazz... especially at lasting? ... and i also wonder are they as loud

Yes the new Jaspers are brilliant they are way less likely to overheat because it does'nt heat up half as much. Also they are not half as loud usually when I'm playing online I can't even hear my xbox. Which is more then I can say for the older ones that sound like they are about to blowup

they fcking do sound like they're about to explode, id actaly rather get a new one if its quiter, they're outrageously loud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Got the very same error 2 weeks ago, and I got my console back yesterday. I was surprised at how fast and efficient the service was. Rang em on the saturday, UPS picked it up on the monday and it was back friday week

• Advertisement
Advertisement