Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nigel Farage survives plane crash after election banner catches in tail fin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

UKIP candidate Nigel Farage had a miracle escape today after he was pulled from the wreckage of a horrific plane crash as he was campaigning.

The light aircraft plunged to the ground after the election banner streaming behind it became tangled in the tail fin.

It then crashed to the ground, landing upside down with the front section completely smashed in.

The 46-year-old former party leader's curled up body still lay in his seat, wrapped in the wreckage, when rescuers reached the field where he and the pilot had crashed.

Lucky man. He will no doubt get plenty of tabloid publicity over the crash. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1273591/General-Election-2010-UKIP-candidate-Nigel-Farage-dramatic-plane-crash-election-banner-catches-tail-fin.html

Hopefully he will recover fully.
    It sounds rather like the irish economy after the FF/Green banner got caught up in our tail fins !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Just when I thought: "Hey, a post which has nothing to do with Ireland's economy has started!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

anymore wrote: »
    Hopefully he will recover fully.
    It sounds rather like the irish economy after the FF/Green banner got caught up in our tail fins !

I actually admire the guy, he did great work for the anti Lisbon debate and speaks his mind at Strasbourg. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I wonder if Mr Farage's £200,000 per year "expenses" claims paid for his light aircraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Just when I thought: "Hey, a post which has nothing to do with Ireland's economy has started!"

All life is interconnected !:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Hope he gets elected in the early morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

I actually admire the guy, he did great work over Lisbon and speaks his mind at Strasbourg. :)

Yes he did greatly help at Lisbon 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Who paid for the plane ?

Unless he was paying for it out of his own pocket, I'd view this as karma.

A politician's advertising should be their achievements / track record; not some poxy banner.

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    Yes he did greatly help at Lisbon 2

He seemed to be the only one over there that cared for the country at the time. I hope he gets in. :).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I actually admire the guy, he did great work over Lisbon and speaks his mind at Strasbourg. :)

True, but I thought you were anti Lisbon ;)

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    True, but I thought you were anti Lisbon ;)

Edited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I saw it and thought: "I wonder if the right wing failed"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Mail had to tell the world that he said that he was scared, as if to say that a snivelling coward shouldn't be in government.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1273591/General-Election-2010-UKIP-candidate-Nigel-Farage-dramatic-plane-crash-election-banner-catches-tail-fin.html

The UK press is working overtime today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Just a shame that the party could not got fair coverage on a day-to-day basis!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A Polish built aircraft :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I have to admit i laughed my ass off in the tube when I saw it.

i'm a bad bad man.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

UKIP candidate Nigel Farage had a miracle escape today after he was pulled from the wreckage of a horrific plane crash as he was campaigning.

The light aircraft plunged to the ground after the election banner streaming behind it became tangled in the tail fin.

It then crashed to the ground, landing upside down with the front section completely smashed in.

The 46-year-old former party leader's curled up body still lay in his seat, wrapped in the wreckage, when rescuers reached the field where he and the pilot had crashed.

Lucky man. He will no doubt get plenty of tabloid publicity over the crash. :)

Farage isn't that an arabic name?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

He seemed to be the only one over there that cared for the country at the time. I hope he gets in. :).

I wished that he had kept quiet during Lisbon. It would have maintained the moral authority of the 'no' side that they were entirely based within Ireland, and not floating upon a crest developed by bureaucratic benefactors from Europe. Not that moral authority = political power, but all the same.

Also, his arguments could have been a good bit more accurate, rather than attempting to generate more no side bogey monsters. Vote yes for jobs, vote no to keep the minimum wage. Sigh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

I wished that he had kept quiet during Lisbon. It would have maintained the moral authority of the 'no' side that they were entirely based within Ireland, and not floating upon a crest developed by bureaucratic benefactors from Europe.

Well, Jens-Peter Bonde has never been based either entirely or in part within Ireland, so it seems a bit churlish to complain about Nigel Farage deciding to follow Jens-Peter's lead and participate in our debates.

Still, he could have just called us a "non-country" (like Belgium) and rallied support to the No side...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

I wished that he had kept quiet during Lisbon. It would have maintained the moral authority of the 'no' side that they were entirely based within Ireland, and not floating upon a crest developed by bureaucratic benefactors from Europe. Not that moral authority = political power, but all the same.

I wish Irish voters could have seen the reason that they were here:

French and Dutch voters silenced
    Promised UK referendum not given

• Advertisement
Advertisement