Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business teaching?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Is it possible to do Business teaching in UL? I have heard that you can but when I went onto the UL website all I found was the ordinary Business course? Can you become a teacher from this course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

croker1 wrote: »
    Is it possible to do Business teaching in UL? I have heard that you can but when I went onto the UL website all I found was the ordinary Business course? Can you become a teacher from this course?

As far as I know you have to do the 4 years of the Business course and when you finish that you do a h.dip (which is also offered by UL) for another year and then you can teach in secondary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

My business teacher in Secondary said she did Business in UL. I presume you have to do something extra, as said above, to become a teacher though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

As far as I know you have to do the 4 years of the Business course and when you finish that you do a h.dip (which is also offered by UL) for another year and then you can teach in secondary school.

UL don't do H.Dips they do Grad Dips but you get the same qualification. Anyone who's teaching business had to do business fillowed by an education dip because AFAIK, there'e no course dedicated to it.

Advertisement