Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local Alternatives to Blurb

• 06-05-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a photobook done as part of my final submission for my degree. I've used blurb in the past and have been pretty happy, but I've had samples done in Hackett's on Baggot street and I'm fairly sure I want to go with them this time. Blurb is grand but I'm not a huge fan of the paper they use, and I'd prefer to do a 10x12 book rather than the default large landscape on blurb (11x13).

The problem is, I don't know of anywhere that does the imagewrap cover that blurb do. I HATE dustjackets, but if there's no alternative, I'll have to get one done :/

Does anyone have any recommendations for bookbinders who may do Imagewraps, and if not, does anyone know of a good place to get nice dustjackets done?

Oh, and I'm in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

shakespearephotobooks in waterford are worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

+1 for shakespeare, competitive prices too

http://www.shakespearephotobooks.com/promotions.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ihastakephoto

what are the quality like compared to blurb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

only seen them at a couple of shows, but what i saw was good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I'm not really looking for somewhere that'll do everything for me as I have specific paper I'm using for the pages, I need to find somewhere that'll do the ImageWrap cover and binding on what I've already printed.

I've heard good things about shakespeare printers before though, I'd forgotten they existed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement