Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall light with integral pull cord switch

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I bought a picture wall light on ebay with a integral pull cord switch, wiring the light to the mains is straight forward.

The problem is the integral pull cord switch is seperate from the main circuit with a unattached wire coming out of the switch.

how do i connect the integral pull cord switch so that it works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

jacknife wrote: »
    I bought a picture wall light on ebay with a integral pull cord switch, wiring the light to the mains is straight forward.

The problem is the integral pull cord switch is seperate from the main circuit with a unattached wire coming out of the switch.

how do i connect the integral pull cord switch so that it works?

How do you turn the light on and off without connecting the switch? What connections are you using to connect the light to the mains?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭jacknife

aido79 wrote: »
    How do you turn the light on and off without connecting the switch? What connections are you using to connect the light to the mains?

I did not wire it in yet, there is already wiring connections on the wall, I'm just replacing the light, also there is a double switch on the wall for the wall lights and the celing light.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

a picture might make it a bit clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Is the there a wire going from the switch to the live terminal? It sounds like you need to connect the live from the existing light to the switch. The light will be on 2 switches..the switch on the wall and the integral switch and both switches will need to be on for the light to work.

Advertisement