Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hilltop range

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sparks wrote: »
    :D I said I came from somewhere less genteel. I'll have you know I'm as genteel as you can get when wrapped in leather and canvas :D

I really, really wish you'd disclaim that by reminding folk it's part of your sport, and not your personal life, or in any way related to your wedding...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What else would it be about? /innocent look

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

What else would it be about? /innocent look

You have never once looked innocent in the time that I've known you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

:D I said I came from somewhere less genteel. I'll have you know I'm as genteel as you can get when wrapped in leather and canvas :D
    Hmmm. Always had you figured as a pvc & latex type:D:D:D:D
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

It was #30 but the sequence changed due to the removal of odious crap posted by you and your bedfellows. Pity you did not have either the courtesy or courage to reply to it, instead of posting a cowardly remark.
    As others have said, your arguments are long-winded and spurious; your ranting is false and you have made a personal attack on someone who is not present on these boards (AFAIK).

I went to Hilltop once, just for a look around, did not even shoot, and was made welcome with politeness. I was a total stranger to them, with no introduction. From what you’ve said and more importantly the way you said it – and continue to say it, you would not be welcomed anywhere I shoot. Thankfully.
    Bet Hilltop has a big surge in business, guys looking to see if they get red carpet or not.:D:D
    P.

1./ I didnt see this earth shattering comment you posted on page #2 before it was removed so the fact that it was removed by a mod. says more about you then it does about me, but feel free to PM me with the comment and I'll answer any comment you wish to send me..By all means be my guest.

2./ Whenever I go to a new range etc. I am always extremely respectful to the people who run it and others that use it...I dont as you say want red carpet......so why wouldnt i be welcome at any of the placed you go ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

vixdname wrote: »
    Or are they of the "Men Only" genre.

What are you suggesting now?
    There is no such thing as a men-only range in Ireland.

I'll have you know that there are plenty of female members in Hilltop who would not be at all pleased with that insinuation.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

bazza888 wrote: »
    Does anybody here shoot in hilltop shooting club?whats it like there?is it a good facility.I shoot .22 rifle.

I feel sorry for the person who asked this seemingly innocent question. They now have 5 pages (and counting) to wade through to find the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

I have been reading this thread over the last few days and am only a newbie to the forums and to shooting, so yesterday i decided to try out hilltop as its only about 20 minutes from where i live, i got there around 4pm and was met by a man who i presume was the owner he was very helpful and answered any questions regarding membership etc, he got a young bloke who works there to bring me out to the range and set me up with targets etc, he also helped me set up my scope, i shot about 150 rounds during the time i was there, i was the only one on the range and and enjoyed that as i felt there was less pressure on me as a total novice, i brought my own ammo and they charged me €20 for use of the range, so all in all i found it a good experience, i am a member in courtlough but it's a bit far from where i live but in fairness to them they sorted me out with everything i needed from a safety point of view before i bought my guns and that's why i joined up plus they don't have any one off fee on top of your first membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Glad to hear you had a plesent expierence on the range AL 555. Hope to get up there myself in the next few weeks for the first time (want to see what all the fuss is about!!)

Welcome to boards by the way.;)

Happy and safe shooting.:D

The humour was obviously lost on you B'Man - dont worry about it !

• Advertisement

AL 555 wrote: »
    I have been reading this thread over the last few days and am only a newbie to the forums and to shooting, so yesterday i decided to try out hilltop as its only about 20 minutes from where i live, i got there around 4pm and was met by a man who i presume was the owner he was very helpful and answered any questions regarding membership etc, he got a young bloke who works there to bring me out to the range and set me up with targets etc, he also helped me set up my scope, i shot about 150 rounds during the time i was there, i was the only one on the range and and enjoyed that as i felt there was less pressure on me as a total novice, i brought my own ammo and they charged me €20 for use of the range, so all in all i found it a good experience, i am a member in courtlough but it's a bit far from where i live but in fairness to them they sorted me out with everything i needed from a safety point of view before i bought my guns and that's why i joined up plus they don't have any one off fee on top of your first membership.

Welcome to boards m8, tis a great spot to pick up a few tips and get any questions you need answered by lads who know what they're talking about. (Most of them that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

I made the trip up to hilltop today,was a great day for some shooting,tried out the 50 mtr range it was great fun!got lots of help from the staff and was made most welcome!I was given a tour of the whole facility and got to watch some of the members shooting clays.I got to fire an anschutcz which ive wanted to do for ages and to dribble over some lovely old rifles and shot guns as well as new stuff in the superb shop there.Everybody i met was friendly and helpfull,a great bunch of guys up there.Have to say it was one of the best days shooting iv had,i would recommend everyone reading the thread go up try hilltop out for yourself!thanks to all the lads for there help today!I cant wait to get up there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

oh and if you like the outdoors theres some scenery on the trip up by glendalough i saw deer, fox and lots phesants!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

Spoke to the lads from hillop the other day and found Keith to be very professional and helpful.
    Heading up there tonight for a look at the place.
    Looks like a fantastic place to start shooting and not too far from home.

However, being a salesman and business owner all my life- if I feel badly or rudely treated I will simply walk a away with a thank you and a smile and vote with my feet.
    There's no point being negative about it though- be nice, courteous and the same should come back your way. Everyone has the power to turn a negative situation into a positive one.
    Sometimes people get off to a bad foot for a variety of reasons or misunderstandings...up to you to address that.

Will post up how i got on anyway...

Advertisement