Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCI Video footage usage

• 06-05-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭

I have some video footage of some of the UCI races that I want to use in a possible commercial video project but I am fairly new to all of this usage rights. Does any one possibly know how you would go about obtaining permission to use footage?

The same goes for the tour of ireland footage? Does cycling ireland own the rights to this?

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Did you take the footage yourself? If so you would own it. If not it is down to whoever created the footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

So for example if its the Tour of Ireland I am going to need to find out who did the footage for RTE and get permission from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yuo shoot it its yours.

You can film what you like in any public place or from any public place as long as you don't use a ladder etc.

If someone else shot it the intellectual rights may be theirs or thei employers. You should get written perm from whichever it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

ollietrex wrote: »
    So for example if its the Tour of Ireland I am going to need to find out who did the footage for RTE and get permission from them?
    Yes, most productions will have details in the credits as to who produced it and who owns the footage (not necessarily the same.) Look for the copyright notice; whoever holds the copyright is who you need to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I got a couple of download turbo video things from a guy - the sufferfest. He originally cobbled the videos together from youtube and versus and wherever else he could get race footage. The UCI came a knocking and shut him down.

He then went to the UCI and explained what he wanted to do (a commercial enterprise selling DLs for turbo training classes) and they gave him the right to use a whole load of UCI footage, including the world champs and stuff. So the UCI can be negotiated with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

Yeah I have a couple of the suffer fest videos as well which is where I was wondering how he got permission to use the videos.

Advertisement