Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achiote seeds (annatto)

Options
  • 06-05-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to get these in Dublin? I'm trying to make the Puerco Pibil from 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico'. Any alternatives? If you're interested in the recipe, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrw5FkLutWk

Quality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Try Fallon & Byrne, I know they stock dried mexican chilies, they may have anatto. Or ask Doña Theresa in the Meeting House Square food market in Temple Bar on Saturdays. Someone posted a link a while back to a U.K.-based spice supplier you can order online from, think I saw anatto there too.

Edit: Cool Chile is the name of the company whose products are availabe in Fallon & Byrne. That other company is thespicery, but the first guys are cheaper.

Advertisement