Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining An Garda Siochana

• 06-05-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey guys I'm looking for a bit of advice.
    I'm just finished my first year of a fairly good course in UCC. The thing is, I absoloutly hate it, I wish I knew more about it before I choose it but due to me not liking it at all and finding it hard to understand ect. I'm not expecting to make it into 2nd year at all.
    What I've really always wanted to be is a Garda. The reason I choose the course that I did is because my parents have always wanted me to do the best I could and end up with a job where I could end up a millionaire:P ect. which is fair enough but I can't stick it.

Anyway what do ye reckon I should do?
    Will the fact that I'm fairly athletic, fluent in Irish and know a lot of gardai (including two in my family) help me in anyway ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Cillian.

Advertisement