Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnley Away - Match Thread (It's on TV )

Options
  • 06-05-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Our final Premier League game of the season at Burnley on Sunday has been selected for live television coverage by ESPN.

The kick off time for this fixture remains 4pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Excellent, we're already reaping the rewards of getting into 4th :) Look forward to watching that one. Hopefully the lads will be completely relaxed and play some good stuff with a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Heurelho Gomes is the main doubt ahead of our season's finale at Burnley on Sunday.

The goalkeeper shrugged off a thigh problem in time to play a key role in our Champions League-clinching win against City on Wednesday night.

Gomes made two fine saves with the scoreline goalless in the first half but was clearly struggling again after the 1-0 win at Eastlands.

"He has a thigh strain but if he's okay, he'll play," reported boss Harry Redknapp this morning (Friday, May 7). "We'll have to wait and see."

The manager admitted it looks unlikely that Ledley King will play a third game in a week at Turf Moor on Sunday.

Ledley was outstanding in the wins against Bolton and City. "It's been fantastic to get two games out of him this week, but I don't know if he'll be fit for Sunday," added Harry.

Vedran Corluka (ankle) remains out alongside longer-term injuries Niko Kranjcar (ankle), Carlo Cudicini (pelvis, wrist) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin).

Hope we finish on a high today with a few goals. Id expect us to play our strongest side, with maybe wilson or jenas to come in maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

You'll all probably think im crazy but id like to see this team play considering theres a few players with small injuries theres no point playing them give a few squad players the chance !

Alnwick
    Kaboul-Dawson-Bassong-BAE
    Lennon/Bentley-Jenas-Tommy-Bale/modric
    Gudjohnsen -Defoe/pav/crouch

no point playin the big boys theres a team that can destroy most teams in the league :D

COYS!

Emoran wrote: »
    You'll all probably think im crazy but id like to see this team play considering theres a few players with small injuries theres no point playing them give a few squad players the chance !

Alnwick
    Kaboul-Dawson-Bassong-BAE
    Lennon/Bentley-Jenas-Tommy-Bale/modric
    Gudjohnsen -Defoe/pav/crouch

no point playin the big boys theres a team that can destroy most teams in the league :D

COYS!

Decent shout,Jenas could start alright seeing as he hasn't played much recently. Should beat them well, assuming the hangovers have left the system :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would like to see a mixed team myself.

Jenas would be nice to see him get a run.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we will snatch third!

We have nothing to loose from this.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Alnwick
    Kaboul--Dawson--King--BAE
    Lennon--Hudd--Modric--Bale
    Defoe----Crouch

King starts his third game in a week
    Gomes out injured

SUBS - Jimmy Walker, Bassong, Bentley, Jenas, Palacios, Gudjohnsen, Pavlyuchenko.

King starts his third game in a week

Dodgy knee me arse :D

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Dodgy knee me arse :D
    Harry and King doing there best to prove he can handle the world cup I hope he gets to go

I would get on crouch to bang in a goal here lads.

Bale and Lennon wiping in balls into one of the worst backlines in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

2-0 Bale and Modric. God Hudd and Modric don't score often but when they do...

Modric's goal was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

The RTE premier league live tracker reports that at half time, spurs are in the lead with goals from Luka Modric and Christian Bale.

Burnley have no chance when we have Batman on our side.

2-2 come on spurs finish the season on a high !

shocking lads.... i know i shouldnt mind but even with nothing to lose we shouldnt be losing against burnley 3-2 ! come on spurs get the shootin boots out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

TheManWho wrote: »

Burnley have no chance when we have Batman on our side.

Jinx !!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Emoran wrote: »
    shocking lads.... i know i shouldnt mind but even with nothing to lose we shouldnt be losing against burnley 3-2 ! come on spurs get the shootin boots out :D

Maybe they heard the score from the Arsenal match, that what I'm hoping anyway

That was a terrible second half we played like we had nothing to play for and got punished we missed Gomes organising the defence as well I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

That was woeful. Had money on them too. Very pis*ed off!

Very very sloppy performance

• Advertisement

I think once arsenal were 3-0 up it was 2-1!

I don't agree but you can understand why the lads would sit back

some are going to the world cup, whlould you risk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Disappointing result today but no harm done, we got the results when it mattered, plus it was nice to see Burnley get a spot of revenge after we pretty much robbed them in the Carling Cup last year.

I haven't seen the game yet but with 4 goals conceded it reinforces my belief that we need to buy a solid back up for Gomes in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

That was a terrible second half we played like we had nothing to play for and got punished we missed Gomes organising the defence as well I think

we didnt have anything to play for .arsenal were cruising at half time and that news filtered through of course so the lads sat back. plus they were smeared all over the papers locked out of their heads after the city game cos the job was done that night. simple as that

getting 3rd was never going to happen. plus gomes not playing is perhaps the biggest loss our team can have at the moment , what a turnaround that is!

Advertisement