Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neoclassical and non-neoclassical theories of the firm.

• 06-05-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anybody tell me if the following theories of the firm in Industrial economics are examples of non-neoclassical theories?
    Transaction cost theory, Behavioural theory, Stakeholder theory, and Evolutionary theory.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Hi, can anybody tell me if the following theories of the firm in Industrial economics are examples of non-neoclassical theories?
    Transaction cost theory, Behavioural theory, Stakeholder theory, and Evolutionary theory.

Evolutionary economics would probably be closer to the Austrian School, or at least Schumpeter. Behavioural economics is definitely not neoclassical.

At a guess, "transaction cost theory" probably belongs to game theory. I have no idea about "stakeholder theory".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Thanks :)! Actually have another question that perhaps you can help me with? I have to prepare an essay for the topic of 'why are there so many variations to the basic Oligopoly model'? Not sure how to tackle it. I know the different variations (assumptions) include Cournot, Bertrand, and Stackelberg so I assume I have to mention these, but not sure as to "why" there are so many variations to the basic model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I'd imagine the answer to that question can be found in any IO book.

Advertisement