Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peats World of Ripoff Gazumping Prices!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I received your email but I see you didn't give anyone in Peats a chance to reply to it. As with anything prices can go up as well as down. The VPCEC1S1EBJ is supposed to retail for €1099 as opposed to €999. For reasons unknown to myself it was priced correctly on our system but incorrectly on the website and as a result the price was changed online to its actual selling price.

EDIT - Email sent to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pfy2k

If your company wrongly prices an item, you should standby your mistake! Instead off sneaking up the price. Buy Irish, thats a laught! Disgusting disregard for your customers. I will vote with my feet and shop elsewhere, and your profits are down €999!:p

pfy2k wrote: »
    If your company wrongly prices an item, you should standby your mistake! Instead off sneaking up the price. Buy Irish, thats a laught! Disgusting disregard for your customers. I will vote with my feet and shop elsewhere, and your profits are down €999!:p

Once again I can only apologize but I think you'll find that mistakes do happen with ourselves and many other retailers both online and off. We're only human after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 goodsur

I think its fair to be human, we all make mistakes...On another note I heard there is a Fireplace liquidation sale in Baldoyle somewhere. Does anyone know the date, time and Location?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Would not give it him for €999 for the goodwill if not anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 AFOB

[HTML]If your company wrongly prices an item, you should standby your mistake! Instead off sneaking up the price. Buy Irish, thats a laught! Disgusting disregard for your customers. I will vote with my feet and shop elsewhere, and your profits are down €999!tongue.gif [/HTML]

Erm....so it's disgusting disregard for their customers that they made a mistake on their website and corrected it...i'm sure that sometimes retailers are actually happy that certain potential "problem child" customers like you vote with their feet !!!

Pot wrote:
    Would not give it him for €999 for the goodwill if not anything

I sent the poster an email at 13:44 stating that we would honour the €999 price for them but it seems they wish to buy it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I have always found service in peats good and the prices fair.
    I will continue to shop there.

Whiners annoy me.

Whats really eating me, is the fact is was priced at 999 euros for weeks, and then today GAZUMPED TO 1099 euro! Probably because One Euro has dropped to 84p Sterling today and is going to drive more in the next few days, because of the Greek situation. So Paddy Deep Pockets has to make up the difference! South American Economics or what! Ahh, I will just go elsewhere! BAHUMBUG :confused:

....and ignore their offer to give it to you for the €999 ?

Good thinking there !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Probably cheaper up North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

That's not how profits work bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Whats really eating me, is the fact is was priced at 999 euros for weeks, and then today GAZUMPED TO 1099 euro! Probably because One Euro has dropped to 84p Sterling today and is going to drive more in the next few days, because of the Greek situation. So Paddy Deep Pockets has to make up the difference! South American Economics or what! Ahh, I will just go elsewhere! BAHUMBUG :confused:

I'm guessing you don't work in retail.

So you know, you are the only one coming off badly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

He's giving it to you for €999, thats very fair IMO.

It's obvious they made a mistake and guess what? He's standing by it just for you!

Look I just want to be treated fairly and not ripped off in this Corrupt backwater of a State for once, instead of being fobbed off with excuses. Over someone elses incompetence! So as long as people put up with this crap, especially here! Expect it all the time, and that whats wrong with this "Ah sure what the hell" Irish cavalier attitude from the Paddy and Mary on the street to the Clowns that dictate down to us!:p So go ahead and pay what ever price comes into a retailers head! Go on, go pay!

In fairness OP you being treated fairly doesn't seem to be what you are looking for...

to sum up;

You spot a product that has risen in price and query it with retailer.

Retailer explains that a mistake was made BUT will give product to you at the earlier lower price.

At that stage fairness was well achieved....

Unfortunately your self regard as a retail super hero to the masses, highlighting the wrongdoings & evil of certain retailers has failed in this instance.

I am just responding to the negative Tsunami of comments and attitudes, I have been subjected to for standing up for myself, which is a very Irish experience, attack the person not the problem. Not just the price error by the retailer. Which I am happy to see has come to a fair outcome!

I see your point, but i would disagree in that i think you would have gotten support from the posters had the complaint been more valid. Posting in a forum called ripoff Ireland about something that's not a ripoff, then relating the non support to it being an "Irish experience" isn't valid either, it just means that the readers of the post are viewing from a neutral standpoint.

As a long time reader of this forum ( and not much of a poster in fairness ! ) i've seen posters side with the op more times than not so all depends on the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If your company wrongly prices an item, you should standby your mistake! Instead off sneaking up the price.

Care to explain how correcting a pricing error is in any way sneaky? If it was a sneaky change, they wouldn't have changed the price on the website at all. What they have done is corrected an error in a fairly transparent way.
    Disgusting disregard for your customers.

How exactly is it disgusting? They don't have to give it to you at the mistaken price, but they did offer it anyway. You turned down that offer, which is a disgusting way to treat a company in the current poor economy.
    I will vote with my feet and shop elsewhere, and your profits are down €999!:p

It's unlikely that they were making €999 profit on a €999 laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

I am just responding to the negative Tsunami of comments and attitudes, I have been subjected to for standing up for myself, which is a very Irish experience, attack the person not the problem. Not just the price error by the retailer. Which I am happy to see has come to a fair outcome!

You're not standing up for yourself. You're complaining about something ridiculous that you've no right to complain about and you can't admit you're wrong because that wouldn't mesh with your persecution complex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

I've always found Peats (and Elara) very expensive next to Komplett, but Komplett are having problems of their own right now and I wouldn't buy from them until they have things sorted out. If Peats are willing to sell you the laptop for the original price, then why are you bitching? That's good service right there, and very nice of them to honour the original price, even if something has forced them to up the price or not. Everything has been sorted out here, the only thing stopping you from purchasing the laptop at the price you wanted it is your own ignorance.

Also, it's obvious you have no idea how profits work, as someone already mentioned. You really think Peats have lost €999 on a laptop of that price because you didn't buy it? Yeesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Azhrei wrote: »
    I've always found Peats (and Elara) very expensive next to Komplett
    Aye, but I factor in the shipping. If I need something quickly, I goto Peats or Maplins. They often have it, or can point me to the right direction. If I can wait a few days, I get it off Komplett. If I can wait a few weeks, I get it from some Hong Kong website (eg: dealextreme). For a Bricks & Mortar shop, Peats and Maplins are good, provided you know how much you need it, how much you are willing to pay for it, and how much it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Oh, I remember the first time I went into a Maplin's shop. Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies played in my head while I went swanning from aisle to aisle... ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If you feel so strongly about a retailer who offered to honour a price error in your favour then why not call Joe Duffy ?

Wait a few days though as he's busy being the Chief Mourner for the dear departed.

I sent the poster an email at 13:44 stating that we would honour the €999 price for them but it seems they wish to buy it elsewhere.

I am still waiting for this imaginary poster email???
    Why am I being paddywhacked on this thread, because I had to publicise the issue to get a response, and this attacking an Irish company in poor economic times. I WAS a good customer of that retailer over the last 15 years, and its not my duty for pay more for something that was wrongly priced for the 4-6 weeks, may I add!:mad:

I may have to talk to Joe!:):D JOE DUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFY:rolleyes:

I am still waiting for this imaginary poster email???

I'm sure you must have received it at this stage. It was sent to your gmail address.

Ok, Dispute resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ok, Dispute resolved.

The crack wore off?

• Advertisement

Well it is pointless to argue about the retailer, once they have made a reasonable offer. It was at this stage more a point of defending myself from the other comments!:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement