Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peats World of Ripoff Gazumping Prices!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

pfy2k wrote: »
    Well it is pointless to argue about the retailer, once they have made a reasonable offer. It was at this stage more a point of defending myself from the other comments!:cool:

I despise people like you.

You falsely accused a reputable retailer of underhand tactics.

You acted like a spoilt brat throwing toys out of a parm

You have tried to publicly libel Peats in regard to their business

and then you accuse other posters of irrational behaviour agaisnt you.

If you were a customer of mine and did what you just did, I'd shove you out of the store with a good kick up the backside.

If you are so sick of Ireland, emigrate.

At least your posts show what type of person you are.

as for peats - why do you give in to little spoilt brats? you did nothing wrong, he libeled your store and yet you still stood by your offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

goodsur wrote: »
    I think its fair to be human, we all make mistakes...On another note I heard there is a Fireplace liquidation sale in Baldoyle somewhere. Does anyone know the date, time and Location?

KEM fireplaces I presume as they went into liquidation recently - in baldoyle industrial estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I've seen it all now. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Ok, Dispute resolved.

Well it is pointless to argue about the retailer, once they have made a reasonable offer. It was at this stage more a point of defending myself from the other comments!:cool:

It was reasonable several hours ago but you continued to complain about them. Unless they give you more of a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

91011 wrote: »
    as for peats - why do you give in to little spoilt brats? you did nothing wrong, he libeled your store and yet you still stood by your offer?

We aren't in a position to judge someone. We made a mistake, we were picked up on it and we chose to honour that mistake. That was the best course of action. I think it would be unreasonable of us to chop and change our actions. If the OP is happy great, if they aren't well that's unfortunate but I feel honouring our mistake and sticking to that was the right thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

We aren't in a position to judge someone. We made a mistake, we were picked up on it and we chose to honour that mistake. That was the best course of action. I think it would be unreasonable of us to chop and change our actions. If the OP is happy great, if they aren't well that's unfortunate but I feel honouring our mistake and sticking to that was the right thing to do.

I understand where you are coming from but I'd be inclined to agree with your course of action if the OP had gone ahead and placed the order on the website at the time it was displayed as €999.

Fact is they didn't place an order.
    Had a mickey fit when the price went up but prices fluctuate all the time even without errors.
    A hell of a lot of stores have different online prices versus bricks and mortar prices due to cost savings etc
    Got on here giving you dogs abuse and generally acted like a spoilt you know what.
    And is now no doubt regaling everyone they know with tales of how they fought big industry and won.

Frankly I think giving into this bull will be long term detrimental to you but I applaud your customer service nontheless. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AFOB

I think Kintaro played it perfectly here,

It was obvious that the OP was being unreasonable from beginning of thread but Kintaro occupied the moral highground ( by offering the lower price, even though he didn't need to ) and stayed up there !

If he started slating the OP etc, that would mean he would be sinking to the op's level, and i'm sure Kintaro is also well used to these type of "customers" by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Oh man this is great. Can you guys wait a few minutes while i make popcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Whats really eating me, is the fact is was priced at 999 euros for weeks, and then today GAZUMPED TO 1099 euro!

Gazumping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 freestatetd

Just buy it in Ulster, its only £899 sterling. Up here;)

1,050.00 EUR=908.004 GBP
    If you live in Dublin or within an hour of the UK border!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since pfy2k is banned for abuse, and has re-regged as freestatetd to troll, I see no need for this thread to continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement