Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell wireless 5530 on XPS M1330

• 06-05-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

After days of looking on line and investigating I install the driver and the application for my 5530 WWAN, working fine
    With windows 7 32Bit
    Now my question is the GPS driver is just goon I can’t find it any more I try to installing the windows 7 driver alone the GPS visible in port 7, but dell wireless manager don’t detect the device, after instating A9 software from dell website the GPS drive just goes and I can’t see it any more

Can anybody have a prober solution to install the hardware properly with all the functions

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 brunoben

Hello Rabii,

from where did you get the driver? I have installed today a 5530 in my XPS M1330, made a clean install with Windows 7 32 bit, but no way. I tried several drivers from Dell, but no one works (during install it blocks saying that I cannot install 5530 on this Hardware). But windows recognize the precense of the HW.

Thanks in advannce

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

hi
    there is two step's 1st install Dell drive (DELL_WIRELESS-5530-HSPA-MINI_A07_R220893)
    2nd re-update every drive separately download the drives from hr:http://usapilot.com/tmp/Dell_5530_GPS.zip
    read this:
    http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/3g-mobile-broadband-discussion/2400-no-gps-device-manager-dell-mini-9-5530-a.html
    hope that well help.

Many thanks! I use Windows 7 - 32 bit.
    Is the Dell Driver correct for this OS? (in the title it seems yes, but in the instruction the speek about 64 bit).

One more question: after installing the driver which application do you use for connecting? I would be happy if works UMTS, i am not interesting in GPS (almost at the moment). Or do you use only native Windows 7 connection?

sincerly
    Bruno

Hello Rabii,

in the meantime I installed the Dell Driver - it seem successfully, because the Device Manager shows now the 5530 driver.

But I am not able to make step 2. I downloaded the indicated file, extracted it, but there is no setup. Furthermore if I try to right click on the singel .inf files and choose "Install" a get on all 8 files the message: "the selected .inf file does not support this metod of installation" (translated from italian, so not 100% equal).

And if I try from the device manager to update the 5530 driver it does not fond anything in the created diretories. Could you explain me please how I should "re-update every driver separatley"?

Of course I was hopefull and tried to use the Dell Wireless Manager (last found version on Dell Site: R262123) - but I get only the message that there is no comunication with WWAN board. Furthermore, therefore I also did not try any other version of the Dell Wireless Manager, also Windows 7 offers me no possibility to connect - with other, newer, notebooks I have seen that with Windows 7 a WWAN connection is identical to a WLAN connection.

Hope to hear from you soon
    Sincerley
    Bruno

Sorry for my third post without your answer. Only to tell you, that with the indicated (old) application it seems to work - almost the application founds the WWAN and identifies correctly the provider of the inserted SIM. But than, after push connection, I get a timeout error. Will further investigate and let you know.

• Advertisement

hi
    is radio on?
    did your dell or sony ericsson manager found your device?
    what sim you using?
    do you know how to setup APN?

yes radio is ON
    yes, the dell manager found my device
    I use TIM (italian main operator)
    now, i did not find how to setup APN, i looks that it happens automatically.

But the post of yesterday was to optimistic: after the next reboot the same manager that first told me that I have SIM and a good UMTS signal now says me that there is no SIM. Any ideas?

For the SIM I knew that well happen that’s the reason I advice to change the SIM drive
    For TIM APN:
    APN: ibox.tim.it
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

If you need a step by step how to update the following Pm me and I well send you screen shoot.

Advertisement