Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vodafone Tocco Lite prepay for €20! How did I do that?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I just changed from Meteor prepay to Vodafone bill pay at the weekend, or so I thought! Did it online, selected phone Tocco Lite, selected plan gave bank details etc. My bank account was charged €20 for the phone which I got yesterday. Today my number was switched over. However as I was unable to make a call, I contacted Vodafone.
    Somehonw, they have registered me as a prepay customer ( however they said itmust have been something I did while registering!) I told them that it was there fault as they had only charged me €20 for the Tocco, the bill pay price and not the prepay price €110.
    Anyways they say I will have to go to a store to get the bill pay set up now which is a major pain.
    I was thinkin, I saved €90 on phone as result of their incompetence and will give it to the wife ( who is Vodafone prepay with an old Tocco model) . Then I will just go and do it all again online, setting myself up for bill.
    In the end I will still get a new Tocco (again for €20 ) and a bill plan, and my wife gets a shiny new Tocco at a €90 saving.
    Its a bit of a headache but anyone got any opinions on this incompetence. It really annoyed me that they kept saying it was something I had done while registering that resulted in me ending up with a prepay phone at bill pay price. Really just need to vent about this, anyone have anything similar happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

have you looked into the prepay options on vodafone? now that you have a vodafone mobile it may actually be cheaper for you to go on ready to go rather then going with one of the cheap pay monthly options

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭the goon

Hi Joe, I have done a fair bit of research into the plans. my point really was, I have received the phone on the prepay plan. The phone should cost €110 I think for this option. I got it for €20, the billpay price. They still insist I must have done something while registering to end up on prepay. I did not. The proof of this is that I was only charged €20 for the phone. I am just annoyed that they wont accept it is their fault I am registered as prepay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Silly mistake on their part but I'm not sure why you're complaining because you've done quite well out of it :)

A very cheap phone without having to commit to a contract, not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭the goon

Ya I know I shouldnt complain but I posted just after I talked with them and was fuming at the inept and superior tone taken by them! Calmed down now a bit!

Advertisement