Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's rolling out and Monitoring New water metering system

Options
  • 06-05-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone know who is going to be overseeing the installation and maintenance of the new water metering system thats going to be put in place in Ireland??

Reason is I've a mate whos working for Brisbane City Council in Queensland, Australian who wants to move to Ireland and work in this sector as he has over 6 years valued experience in this industry.
    Is it going to be headed up the Dept of Environment and just maintained and looked after by the local councils?

If so would the best bet be just applying to the Dept of Environment AND the local councils??

Cheers for any info on this topic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

SMC group have the contract for the current introduction of water metering to commercial premises. No idea if they'll be involved with residential installations but it's surely likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mapsis

SMC? I presume as the money will be collected by the Gov't then it will be the Local Gov't sending out peoples bills and doing the overseeing of it??

Cheers for the info anyways lad. I could do with as much as possible.

Advertisement