Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Sat Nav??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For €100 I would recommend adding €20-€30 for a basic Garmin or TomTom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unless the maps are either Tele Atlas or Navteq with latest version its not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

koolkid wrote: »
    Unless the maps are either Tele Atlas or Navteq with latest version its not worth it.

The maps are less than 6 month old. I've yet to find a road not on it.

In reality 6 month old maps are over a year out of date in may cases.
    Whos maps are on the device?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I have a few sat navs gathering dust around here, a Route66, an RAC, even a Sony - all of which are a pain to update! The Sony seemed like a bargain, loads of fancy features, latest maps (at the time) - but no longer supported, no map updates since 2008, so now sits in a drawer. :(

With sat navs, and based on personal (expensive) experience, I would only recommend folks to purchase a Garmin or TomTom manufactured unit. In the long run, it's the most economic option.

Advertisement