Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 mobile data/internet speeds?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what internet speeds o2 are meant to be providing? I've a htc hd2 with the i phone data plan , my internet speed is about 0.25 of a meg! That seems ridiculously slow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Network provides up to 7.2
    Rates vary depending on traiff and addon's

On a mobile network(not o2) im getting 2.38 down, 0.4 up & ping of 128. So it may not be the network as your location and congestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

My speed on my O2 mobile

Download - 2.20
    Upload 0.88
    Ping 205

My guess would be your location, where roughly are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Located Dublin northside. How did you test that speed angel01?

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Located Dublin northside. How did you test that speed angel01?

I went on Internet Explorer on my HD2 and went on speedtest.net. they are the results I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

angel01 wrote: »
    I went on Internet Explorer on my HD2 and went on speedtest.net. they are the results I got.

Speed test.net app

• Advertisement

mooneyd wrote: »
    Speed test.net app

I just used the website, its handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

I remember trying to use speedtest before and wouldn't work...anyway I used ie and I got 1.6 down and .75 up. then tried it again in same location and got .32 down! The ping was way off the chart 800 and something.

Advertisement