Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cigar box guitars

• 06-05-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Seen em yesterday in the guitar centre on exchequer street! Must say they look pretty amazing! Id love to try them, cant remember how much they are though.

Anyone ever have a go? They are called daddy mojo i think? So cool!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

king-stew wrote: »
    Seen em yesterday in the guitar centre on exchequer street! Must say they look pretty amazing! Id love to try them, cant remember how much they are though.

Anyone ever have a go? They are called daddy mojo i think? So cool!

Haha, i actually saw them there yesterday too! I had to leg it though so didn't get a chance to check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Anyone know where i'd get a nice looking cigar box (going cheap)?, i fancy making one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I'm doing the same thing. I got one in the cigar shop on the corner of grafton street (Trinity end). I can't remember the name of the shop. They gave me 2 for free, In case it doesn't turn out right the first time. I think there is a few cigar shops around town.

Sorry, Just noticed you're in Cork. If there is any cigar shops they should give you a box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Was listening to a guy playing an oil can guitar in Templebar a couple weeks back. He made some nice music from it. I would imagine a can would be rather more robust than cardboard. The can in question was one of those old rectangle type,don't see them so much anymore.

• Advertisement

The boxes are made from wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Got a nice looking 1 on ebay :D

I'll keep ye updated on my progress

Advertisement