Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter, Cable, Fusebox

Options
  • 06-05-2010 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi just wanted to double check my knowledge of this, have a problem with tenants telling me units are being used (2 every 8 - 12 hrs) when their mains switch is turned off. The digital meter runs over about 20m to the fusebox, directly as acc to regulation. I understood that once power is off thats it. The only thing I can think of is other cables travelling with it over 20m may conduct a certain amount over 12 hours....:confused:
    any ideas? Im thinkin im being told fibs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Go check it out for yourself, but the 20meters of cable isn't using kwhr units. I doubt the digital meter is tell you lies either. The wiring should be confirm that its going to the correct apt and only to there.

Advertisement