Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Primary School recommendations

Options
  • 06-05-2010 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board (I hope I'm doing this right:o).. I did a search and couldn't find anything about the Primary Schools in Portlaoise.

I'm originally from Dublin, but have been living in Portlaoise for a number of years now.

I have a four year old and want to put his name down for one of the Primary schools in the town, but I'm not sure which one.

Can anyone help?... are they all pretty much the same?

I was toying with the idea of the Gealscoil, but my Irish is a bit rusty and I'm just not sure. (as you can tell:D)

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me.

Many thanks,

Karen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kaz666

Thanks so much for your reply.

Although I can only see a list of the Schools and I still don't know which ones are the best.

Not many even have websites

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

New Educate Together NS due to open in Portlaoise in September....

http://www.educatetogether.ie/?p=2615

New Educate Together NS due to open in Portlaoise in September....

http://www.educatetogether.ie/?p=2615

Thank you for the link :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

As soon as I heard about the educate together school I put my boy's name down. Obviously its hard to rate a school that isn't opening until September, but based on my small bit of research when i was looking around for where to enrol him, I'm a lot happier having him enrolled in this new school than in any of the other schools in the town. Added to that fact is the whole concept of educate together is a step in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

where is this new primary school opening?? the only one i was aware that was opening was the secondary school on the borris road.

blondie7 wrote: »
    where is this new primary school opening?? the only one i was aware that was opening was the secondary school on the borris road.

Using part of the old VEC building initially, with own site within three years, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The Heath NS is good.

I went there from 1998-2006, had a great time and good teachers too.
    New principal came in, in 2005 and he has revamped the whole thing, new prefabs, uniforms, more safety, more accesible etc.

It's another option if you don't want your child to be in town all day.

baz2009 wrote: »
    The Heath NS is good.

I went there from 1998-2006, had a great time and good teachers too.
    New principal came in, in 2005 and he has revamped the whole thing, new prefabs, uniforms, more safety, more accesible etc.

It's another option if you don't want your child to be in town all day.

Thanks a mill... I gave them a ring and they said I'd have to ring back around Oct time.

So I think it's a toss up between an Geal Scoil and the Heath.

That's if I can get into either one

I have also heard good things about the Heath.

• Advertisement
Advertisement