Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment advice needed

Options
  • 06-05-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need a little advice on this one as I have no idea how to approach it.

I am at the moment in a 3 man team that was formed more then 7 months ago. We all have different specialities and were put on the team because we are all excellent at what we do.

I was made aware on the first day I am getting paid far less then the other 2 on my team. I talked to my manager and was willing to put up with this because he said there would be contract negotiations after 3 - 6 months if the project takes off. It has taken off....He also alluded to the idea that I would receive a company contract. ( I am employed by a sub contractor )

None of this has happened.

I have not even received a contract outlining my new role, I work worse hours for the same pay and I feel heavily under appreciated.

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Union Advisor

Are you an agency worker, i.e. working for a company that supplies employees into an organisation, or are you working for a sub contractor who works into different companies for specific purposes? This is who your contract of employment is with. your contract of employment is not with the company who have engaged the contractor. therefore your wages are paid by the contractor. and this is the person with whom you should discuss any wage incrases

Advertisement