Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Portfolio

• 06-05-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,800 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads..these were supposed to be in for last Friday but our teacher was sound enough to give us till tomorrow to have them handed in.
    Just wondering though, how many pages most of yours is? A few people in my class have 40/50+ pages typed. Fair play to them and all but surely the examiner is just going to flick through a lot of the nonsense quickly.
    I only have 20 pages for my portfolio and I'm satisfied enough with it. How many pages was your's? What is the minimum you think you need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I have 20 pages done already...i'd say I'll be able to squeeze another 12-15 pages out of it

Our teacher is giving us till next Thursday to have it in :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,800 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ciano1 wrote: »
    I have 20 pages done already...i'd say I'll be able to squeeze another 12-15 pages out of it

Our teacher is giving us till next Thursday to have it in :p

féckin luckboxes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,800 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

oh actually...do you have anything copied and pasted from the interwebz?

I copied and pasted a few lines from wikipedia for each possible type of wood I was thinking of using..

Theres also a shítload of pics in my portfolio too along with a fairly big font on all the written part ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i goy 45 pages on font 14, no one in my year has less than 35, well except this one dude who has none...

• Advertisement

Just finished mine there :)

39 Pages!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Quini92

well i hav just about started mine and i hav alot to do, i dont suppose anyone could give me a few tips it would be a big help :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Don't know how I'll get 40 pages out of mine, I've just covered research and investigation and I'm only on 15 pages... I've got over 2000 words already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 irelandfan

does anyone know what the exact date of completion for the portfolio is??:)

It's May 6th, same date as project deadline. At least I believe so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Anyone want to narrow down question 1 for me like the drawing question , any tips , Please:)

C__MC wrote: »
    Anyone want to narrow down question 1 for me like the drawing question , any tips , Please:)
    There is no easy way around this. You have to learn the main dimensions and know how to scale them. I'd love to tell you that there's some trick but there isn't. It takes practising the drawings and being confident to draw them. You could always predict what will come up but it's too risky. Expect to draw multiple parts sometimes, for example, a window and roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

Cydoniac wrote: »
    There is no easy way around this. You have to learn the main dimensions and know how to scale them. I'd love to tell you that there's some trick but there isn't. It takes practising the drawings and being confident to draw them. You could always predict what will come up but it's too risky. Expect to draw multiple parts sometimes, for example, a window and roof.

totaly the true !!! but i have some strange feeling that timber framed housewill come up ... something else like timber wall .. with 1st / 2nd floor and roof or window.... i think its gonna be something totaly different than in recent years. any thoughts ?

Advertisement