Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patching inflatables query

• 06-05-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a small inflatable dinghy I bought in Lidl; cheap and cheerful but I'm very attached to it. Just noticed a fairly big hole in it (more like a cut really; don't know how it happened). I have similar material to patch it; I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend the best type of glue or, more likely, solvent, and where in Dublin or Kildare I could get some. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I have two part glue I bought in the Chandlery in Malahide. Most boat Chandlers will have two part glues for patching Ribs/punts. If you go the DIY route take the time to prepare the surface and allow the glue to cure for at least 24 hours before use. There are lots of good guides with images online on how to do this repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

That's brilliant; thanks a million PR

Advertisement