Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping Number from Work

Options
  • 06-05-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just resigned from my job where they provided a Blackberry (on O2) that I also use as my personal phone.

I now want to get myself an iPhone but want to keep the number from my work phone. Is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Robertr wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just resigned from my job where they provided a Blackberry (on O2) that I also use as my personal phone.

I now want to get myself an iPhone but want to keep the number from my work phone. Is this possible?

never hrard of a company letting an employee hold onto their work number, i have been in the same situation as yourself and just handed the moby back to the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Yes its possible but the owner of the number your work have to call o2 to release number.
    So ask your boss will they give you the number, then you need to get form from o2. Change of ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Forgot to say think the number has to be out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Yes you can. You need to contact the account manager(for you account). Once they give the OK you can port out or migrate.
    Depending on the account they have you wont need to worry about contract lenght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The easiest option for you (assuming the company are happy to release it) is for the account holder to ring up O2 and tell them you will be calling into a store to switch your number to prepay and this is ok. Then you pop into a store and get a prepay SIM with your number and it's yours to do with as you please then.

I find any other methods can sometimes be a bit messy.

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    The easiest option for you (assuming the company are happy to release it) is for the account holder to ring up O2 and tell them you will be calling into a store to switch your number to prepay and this is ok. Then you pop into a store and get a prepay SIM with your number and it's yours to do with as you please then.

I find any other methods can sometimes be a bit messy.

no you have it down to a T there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Very unlikely your old firm would allow this if you used that phone number to converse with clients etc. would they want an ex employee taking calls on what was a work number.

Depends what he used to work as? I was allowed keep mine and I came from quite a large company

• Registered Users Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭opus

Same for me, didn't have problems taking my number with me when I left a US multinational.

Advertisement