Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test in Limerick

• 06-05-2010 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

I started a thread on this in the learning to drive forum but wasn't much help. maybe my Limerick friends can help...

Can anyone recommend which would be the best place in Limerick to do the driving test, such as highest pass rate etc? Have failed once in Castlemungret and the last 2 times in Woodview. Thought it was harsh the last time which was a couple of months ago in Woodview as I did well on the reverse and turnabout etc, so don't want to do it there again.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think that if you have failed your driving test 3 times its not much to be looking for the easiest place to pass rather you should be looking for an instructor who will make sure you can actually drive.

Also bear in mind the instructors move around. I failed in Shannon and retook the test 3 months later in Woodview and it was the same guy and I passed to I cannot blame the instructor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

+1 on different driving instructor, what did you fail on?
    Sounds like you have picked up some bad habits which we all do but not till after the test.
    Since you have done the test 3 times, take good driver friend with you, drive same route + see what they say.
    Hopefully you'll pass 4th time. Took me 3 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Thanks berty and munstergirl, aced the so called harder parts (turnabout, reverse, etc) but I got several grade 2's for positioning and observation confused.gif

Ah well, disheartening but surely i will get it the fourth time!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

Failed in cahirdavin, but passed in mungret route, would reckon that as routes go the raheen/dooradoyle route is much handier...best of luck for next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Shannon is probably the easiest route, low traffic volume, wide roads, only one hill and a nice stretch of dual carriageway (limit 80kph). I'd recommend an instructor called Markus Gutt (ISM), very nice German guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

I did my test each time in Mungret. 4th attempt got it. Mirrors and observation was always the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Jigga wrote: »
    I started a thread on this in the learning to drive forum but wasn't much help. maybe my Limerick friends can help...

Can anyone recommend which would be the best place in Limerick to do the driving test, such as highest pass rate etc? Have failed once in Castlemungret and the last 2 times in Woodview. Thought it was harsh the last time which was a couple of months ago in Woodview as I did well on the reverse and turnabout etc, so don't want to do it there again.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

If you have failed that many times i dont think you should be asking people "whats the best place to pass"you should be asking yourself wtf am i doing wrong.Get yourself a good instructer,somebody you dont know is always best.People you dont know won't bs you.Be confident,confidence is the key to driving.

To the poster above who put somebody's phone number on a public dicussion board,cop the fcuk on.

op i hpoe your not like this person http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055903889

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Get Tom O'Mahoney as your driving instructor and he'll sort out your observation problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Jigga wrote: »

Apply for the test in Castlemungret. I failed first time in Woodview and passed in Raheen. I found it much easier driving around Raheen. Maybe it's just me but I find it less congested. I'm probably biased as well seen as I live out that side. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

cruiser178 wrote: »
    To the poster above who put somebody's phone number on a public dicussion board,cop the fcuk on.

All Irish ADI's are listed on the RSA's website - unless the number posted here is a different one to the public list it's not a problem.

And seeing as we're recommending instructors, I had 5 lessons and a practice test from Brian Ahearn and passed in Woodview first time. Good price on the lessons too.

http://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Safe-Driving/Find-an-instructor/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 johnphillips19

I know this is an old thread but did anyone have a problem with the tester at limerick woodview? I failed and feel extremely hard done by. My instructor said that the tester in question is extremely harsh, I also know about 10 people who failed with him but not one that passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

John Phillips, is it the fella with the glasses?

Advertisement