Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you cramming or easing off in these last few weeks ?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Well 34 days until the leaving cert begins ! Are you finally waking up or giving up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Somewhere in between. For subjects like maths, physics, applied maths, irish and english I'm doing plenty of work. Geography and German however.. I can't get into the groove of things for those two subjects. For technology, I'm putting all my efforts into the practical, as one should.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Im finding a lot of my time is going to english , when its not really needed there! I'm finding it difficult to learn for my language too, spanish, i just dont knnow how to prepare for it like!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Im finding a lot of my time is going to english , when its not really needed there! I'm finding it difficult to learn for my language too, spanish, i just dont knnow how to prepare for it like!

Maths takes up most of my study. Then I'd try to do Applied Maths questions but I just wouldn't understand some parts. I put so much more time into maths than my eight other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

cramming ta fück! I've got 15 school days left till graduation. Kinda freaking out about how little time is left and how little I've done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Cramming like f**K!

Focusing mostly on Biology,Irish and History with Maths and English kinda secondary but still important..Putting least work into ag.sci and Economics with the shortness of each course and the fact theres a 5 days between those two tests and the others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

ugh, i have been relaxing all year.

now i have so much to do. don't even know where to start!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

By the time I get home from school i'm wrecked and hardly able to get all of my homework done. I've been trying to cram but there's so much to do. As much as i'm dreading it it'll be easier when I leave school to have enough time to fit everything in. Can't wait until it's all over!

By the time I get home from school i'm wrecked and hardly able to get all of my homework done. I've been trying to cram but there's so much to do. As much as i'm dreading it it'll be easier when I leave school to have enough time to fit everything in. Can't wait until it's all over!

thats the truest thing i have heard all year

too much homework in school :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cramming

Especially geography and maths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Cramming. But 12pm June 25th will be a happy happy time and hopefully so will the 18th and 23rd of August :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I'll start studying for the last few weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I've given up!:(
    I feel nauseous every time I think of June 9 but I can't sit down and study without feeling insanely tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

cram cram cram cram cram

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Studying still but starting to get very bored. Also the next few weeks are going to be extremely unproductive study-wise what with graduation and all. Apparently the two weeks between school and the LC you get a sickening amount of work done... Here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

MaggieNF wrote: »
    ugh, i have been relaxing all year.

now i have so much to do. don't even know where to start!!!!!!!!

I'm the same.. :eek: that's why i'm going to go home every evening straight after school and try to get heaps done there especially Maths and English. So it'll be cram cram cram. I always get more done there than in supervised study.

I'm the same.. :eek: that's why i'm going to go home every evening straight after school and try to get heaps done there especially Maths and English. So it'll be cram cram cram. I always get more done there than in supervised study.

my my, you sound like someone i know :)

i can help you with maths, since you would help with my love of THE ENGLISH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'm not really cramming, I'm just trying to do as many past papers as possible. They have to repeat some quetions, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

CRRRAMMATHON!!
    I'm typing out condensed versions of each textbook (except french and engineering) and going to print them off and make a little note folder. Although I'm nowhere near as far along as I should be... :( 2 weeks of nothing but study after grad. day should get them done though!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

UGGGHHH I'm finding it soo hard to study even though I know I need to !! Like I fell asleep today instead of studying!!!! I will DEFO be staying up all night before my most important exams!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

UGGGHHH I'm finding it soo hard to study even though I know I need to !! Like I fell asleep today instead of studying!!!! I will DEFO be staying up all night before my most important exams!!

Not the best idea IMO. You want to be fresh and alert during your exams. I'll be going to bed around 8 or each night and getting up around 4 or 5am. You lose most of your information when it's being processed into your long term while you sleep, so a look over things before the exam to get it into your short term memory bank and have it there for the exam will be of great use.

That's the plan anyway, not sure if I'll be able to stick to it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

cramming like a mad woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Delighted we have two off weeks before it starts, they'll be so hectic though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

has anyone not started studying at all yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

A friend of mine has'nt done ANYTHING all year. It's gradually dawning on him that he is completely screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

There's still a month left yet. I wouldn't call it cramming until a week or even few days/day before the exams for some people. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Not the best idea IMO. You want to be fresh and alert during your exams. I'll be going to bed around 8 or each night and getting up around 4 or 5am. You lose most of your information when it's being processed into your long term while you sleep, so a look over things before the exam to get it into your short term memory bank and have it there for the exam will be of great use.

That's the plan anyway, not sure if I'll be able to stick to it :rolleyes:

Not sleeping at all works for some.....or only getting 1 or 2 hours sleep. Problem is you have to find a way that works for you, I somehow struck gold with the whole staying up till five and then sleeping for two or so hours, having a scan over notes after breakfast, a shower and whatnot (ie after you're a bit refreshed) works pretty well for me. It's not fun, but you have to play the game with the Leaving Cert, and it's only for 2 o 3 weeks :)

This wont work for everyone, if you're not used to not getting much sleep, do NOT try this! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

Don't do the homework then and tell your teachers that you were too busy studying and can't fit all the homework in all the time. They'll understand.
    kev9100 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has'nt done ANYTHING all year. It's gradually dawning on him that he is completely screwed.

I've not done anything all year and I don't consider myself screwed. I'm the kinda person that can turn up and net 350 without studying though.
    Fad wrote: »
    Not sleeping at all works for some.....or only getting 1 or 2 hours sleep. Problem is you have to find a way that works for you, I somehow struck gold with the whole staying up till five and then sleeping for two or so hours, having a scan over notes after breakfast, a shower and whatnot (ie after you're a bit refreshed) works pretty well for me. It's not fun, but you have to play the game with the Leaving Cert, and it's only for 2 o 3 weeks :)

This wont work for everyone, if you're not used to not getting much sleep, do NOT try this! :D

You're doing this daily? F*ck me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

gloryutd wrote: »
    You're doing this daily? F*ck me!

Well I did it three days this week.......

Silly first year exams......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I wouldn't overdo it. You've still gotta keep up stamina for the exams. Like science or whatever you can just write it all down but with things like English, you probably wont do that well if you're half asleep...

Advertisement