Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you cramming or easing off in these last few weeks ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Cramtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Cramtime.
    I'm right Behind You Joey

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

I still think i could have done so much more, i actually want to feel terried and study 24 / 7 but its just not clicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

gloryutd wrote: »
    Don't do the homework then and tell your teachers that you were too busy studying and can't fit all the homework in all the time. They'll understand.

I didn't try that exactly but I went up to a few of my teachers and told them I was finding it hard to get their work done as I had so much homework. They were nice about it but basically said I didn't have the work done there would be trouble because they were only worried about their own subjects and needed me to get it done. Thanks though : )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Not cramming but definitely not easing off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Neither....I'm actually trying to start some serious study...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

I don't know how to study O.o

NEVER actually remember anything

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Not the best idea IMO. You want to be fresh and alert during your exams. I'll be going to bed around 8 or each night and getting up around 4 or 5am. You lose most of your information when it's being processed into your long term while you sleep, so a look over things before the exam to get it into your short term memory bank and have it there for the exam will be of great use.

That's the plan anyway, not sure if I'll be able to stick to it :rolleyes:

I'm a repeat and I did it last year..... I credit my B in physics to that method !!! I found it easy enough to do, when you know your screwed if you don't try it's easy to stay up !! And A LOT of coffee certainly helped :P Though I only did it for a few exams I really would recommend it if you know your fu*ked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I just want to say I am not looking forward to this time next year :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I for one am terrified by the lack of studying I am doing with exactly a month to go. Any tips? Need help to knuckle down.

• Advertisement

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I for one am terrified by the lack of studying I am doing with exactly a month to go. Any tips? Need help to knuckle down.

I'm with you.... ! Think of the feeling you would have in August if you don't get your course and you know you could have if you studied now. Think of having to repeat ( I am a repeat and I can tell you it is NOT a happy experience ). That should motivate you somewhat to study!!! Now, for me, since I,ve felt both those hoooorrrriiibbbllle emotions I should have the incentive to study, but for some reason beyond me I can't :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

It's scary there is so little time left and there feels like there is SO much left to do.
    I guess at this stage it's a matter of looking over stuff again and again to make sure you know it..
    I plan to cram the last few weeks before it but for now I'm just doing my usual 4 hours or so blocks of study because any more and my brain would be fried.
    Just think, in less than five weeks it'll all be over and you'll never have to worry about points or marking schemes again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

It's scary there is so little time left and there feels like there is SO much left to do.
    I guess at this stage it's a matter of looking over stuff again and again to make sure you know it..
    I plan to cram the last few weeks before it but for now I'm just doing my usual 4 hours or so blocks of study because any more and my brain would be fried.
    Just think, in less than five weeks it'll all be over and you'll never have to worry about points or marking schemes again...
    I'd be quite happy to get 4 hours done :p

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

ahh bless your little studying heart

i got up at eight on saturday to study, first time ever :)

Healium wrote: »
    I'd be quite happy to get 4 hours done :p
    I agree ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

Wholesale freaking out and subsequent sleep binges. It's looking like either a repeat or a PLC at the moment. Funny, back in September I was enthusing about my 350 points minimum. Naivete, laziness and complacency..We'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed for some kind of radical change in mindset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

I'd definitely do a f*ck load of study IF THE IDIOT TEACHERS STOP GIVING US BULLS*IT POINTLESS NOVEL LONG ESSAYS TO DO THAT ARE POINTLESS TO US NOW, AND LET US STUDY OUR OWN WAY!!!

(ahem) *fixes tie*

So yeah, I'm studying as hard as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Wholesale freaking out and subsequent sleep binges. It's looking like either a repeat or a PLC at the moment. Funny, back in September I was enthusing about my 350 points minimum. Naivete, laziness and complacency..We'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed for some kind of radical change in mindset.

You are the same as me, although I aint goin to repeat or do a plc anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Got 355 pts in pre ..
    Think I could improve between now and the dreaded 9th?
    I failed OL maths despite getting grinds . I try and fail
    Feel like ill be back doin it again next year...:mad:

Need 400...possible???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Got 355 pts in pre ..
    Think I could improve between now and the dreaded 9th?
    I failed OL maths despite getting grinds . I try and fail
    Feel like ill be back doin it again next year...:mad:

Need 400...possible???:confused:

45 points?

Easy! Most people improve more than that.
    Keep going at the maths, too. Its one of those things that gets easy (almost enjoyable) once you understand it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Your motivation to study depends on how mow much you want/like your course, simple.

stainluss wrote: »
    45 points?

Easy! Most people improve more than that.
    Keep going at the maths, too. Its one of those things that gets easy (almost enjoyable) once you understand it

I just really want the arts
    You see, I got 350 at xmas too so I was kinda foreseeing the worst :o
    Maths? Enjoyable?? What's your brekkie in the morning? I want it :D lol
    Less then 4 weeks left, hopefully i can get those 45 points :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Ha just wish I had the energy to cram! ahhhh:confused:
    Freaking out

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I'm doin foundation maths now - best decision of my life.

But yeah I'm pretty much studying me brains ou til the end of exams. I do somethin like... Dunno 9 hour or something? Daily...?

I still have allloootttt to finish so I can begin de revising lol !! But yeah pretty much freaking out.

If I don't get into edinbrugh Im repeating lol again!

fufureida wrote: »
    I'm doin foundation maths now - best decision of my life.

But yeah I'm pretty much studying me brains ou til the end of exams. I do somethin like... Dunno 9 hour or something? Daily...?

wish i had that motivation :rolleyes:
    is foundation maths counted in the LC as a pass? like, can u still go to uni with it or..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Cramming because I've done very little all year and now I can't concentrate on much, so it's going to be a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    wish i had that motivation :rolleyes:
    is foundation maths counted in the LC as a pass? like, can u still go to uni with it or..?

Yes u can. You can get Into alot of places with foundation maths. I'm sure if you google it the listt of unis and courses will come up.
    I don't even require maths as a subject for my uk course.

tut....i was meant to cram today..yet here i am:P

Advertisement