Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rounds/bullets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I have a WW1 Era bayonet that nobody can tell me from what country it's from!

And I asked all the classic rifle shooters I know!

Can you throw up a photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

kowloon wrote: »
    Can you throw up a photo?

a friend gave me it as a present many years ago as he knew I was into them, he has died since so I can't ask him. I presumed for years it was lee Enfield until recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Did you ever read about ireland in a publication written outside Ireland by people who were not Irish?

There's loadsa them AFAIK!

The German's were big into collecting and writing about Irish and so-called Celtic folklore - In fact, I think they may have been some of the first to start treating Ireland and the Irish as a separate culture.

In more recent years (i.e. in the last 100 or so:D), Heinrich Böll, another German writer, wrote his "Irisches Tagebuch" ("Irish Journal") in the 50's about life on Achill.

That's two immediate examples I can think off, just in German, so obviously there might be a couple more in English, Latin, Spanish, etc etc:p:D

But we're getting waaaaaayyyyyyy off topic!:)
    So:
    Reverto nos ut nostrum sermo, Dudes!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Did you ever read about ireland in a publication written outside Ireland by people who were not Irish?

Freud even thought the Irish were a league of their own.

I know it's off topic, but it beats some of the other stuff (belonging to the guy of "last tape" fame)

Been there. Once had to proof read an economic commentary on Ireland written in French by a French economist. :eek:
    P.
    This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever. Sigmund Freud

Other people have a nationality. The Irish and the Jews have a psychosis.
    B. Behan
    No, Sir, the Irish are a fair people; -- they never speak well of one another. Samuel Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

That last tape was crap!;):D
    No, Sir, the Irish are a fair people; -- they never speak well of one another. Samuel Johnson

Did Samuel L. Johnson say that, wow. Was that in Pulp Fiction or one of his other movies?:rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's not that uncommon... though the material tends to be either leprechaun-influenced or else fairly unflattering.
    Plus, a lot of the stuff we read in Irish magazines is from non-Irish sources anyway, from the Sunday Times to the Shooting Digest, it's just not that unusual.

dCorbus wrote: »
    That last tape was crap!;):D

Did Samuel L. Johnson say that, wow. Was that in Pulp Fiction or one of his other movies?:rolleyes::D

Samuel L Jackson? lol
    PS the bayonet is from an 1917 Mauser as per Ezridax!

Is b'fheidir liom fear glíc nó Lou-der!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Samuel L Jackson? lol

Is b'fheidir liom fear glíc nó Lou-der!

Ceann mór air duine glic ‘s ceann circ air amadan :P
    Maybe we should shoot hens?
    Ca bfhuil Sean as Gailleamh? (An Runai nua!)?
    Time for a pint!
    P

Ceann mór air duine glic ‘s ceann circ air amadan :P
    Maybe we should shoot hens?
    Ca bfhuil Sean as Gailleamh? (An Runai nua!)?
    Time for a pint!
    P

Óró, sé do bheatha abhaile,
    B'fhearr liom tú ná céad bó bhainne,
    Óró, sé do bheatha abhaile
    Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh!!!

Dioltas an madra Rua, Nó Dialtas an Remington seach céad!!

Advertisement