Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Mobile 6.5 or Android?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

hey weev been just having a convo about two rival phones

htc hd2 with WMobile and SE X10 with andriod :)

which phone or os is better :)
    Windows Mobile 6.5 is effectively dead, Windows phone 7 won't run Windows Mobile 6.5 apps so buying a phone with WinMo 6.5 is pretty much a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

X10 For the Win. I do agree they should have waited and released it with V2.1 but Still Android.

My reason other than the great fact that its open source and there will be loads out there.

We no longer need to worry about changing manufacturer as the software now is all compatable. So weather it be Motorola, Sony or Samsung we can get the phone we really want.

Yes windows has windows mobile. But there is also Android for computers.

So in short. FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

so you think HD2 is a fail just cause of Windows Mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Well since thats what it runs, yes.Unless you want to base it on hardware, then you have a shiny paperweight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That's it's only flaw.

• Advertisement

damn why does everytime i catch an eye on some phone i really want some one has to say its **** and ruin the fun :D

Well since thats what it runs, yes.Unless you want to base it on hardware, then you have a shiny paperweight

Yeap its proven the HD2 is a bigger paperweight than the X10 :p
    0.51-0.57
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFVbEDHMhPk

I kid

damn why does everytime i catch an eye on some phone i really want some one has to say its **** and ruin the fun :D
    Simple just get the one everyone else gets ;)

But in fairness were not using the phone you are so once you like it fire ahead

hehe i want to be different :)

I bet youll be the only one with one of these
    http://www.gsmarena.com/gigabyte_snoopy-1749.php

• Advertisement

haha would be indeed :)

hehe just found a ps1 emulator for hd2 :) that made my day :D and it works with touch input :)

also looked up more app related and game stuff and didnt find any problems yet :) just the thing that you probably need to dedicate more time trying to find an app or game you want rather than going to the app store :)

ERM.... if you have android.
    heres a fun game papaijump

mooneyd wrote: »
    ERM.... if you have android.
    heres a fun game papaijump

lol

HA! in your WINDOWS MOBILE face

hey its windows mobile htc sense :)

Lets see some Key points of Windows mobile.
    Like all versions of windows theres those errors we must remove first off with countless patch's
    3627364482_a0afc0c055.jpg

And then If you done like the mandatory blue theme on the X10.3.png.

Why not revert back to some blue background that we who use windows are used to.
    windows-fail-550x412.jpg

lol i havent seen that blue screen for about 9 years since i was just learing how to use a pc :) W7 Ultimate here ftw :) and remote desktop connection is d **** :) and you can get apps and themse to change the appearance of the HD2

1 It's exactly the same as Windows Mobile 6... er, 5
    2: The interface improvements are still way behind the curve
    3: The UI tweaks are mostly just skin deep, and third-parties have already gone way deeper
    4: It doesn't support capacitive touchscreens
    5: You probably can't upgrade your phone
    6: Where's the keyboard? (have you seen the size of it? I thought I lost the dam thing.
    7: The browser is still weak
    8: It doesn't innovate in any way

well the xperia isnt any better its only 1.6 andriod...the interface has been reworked but its not something i seem to be very fascinated or like :)

admit every phone will have some errors...
    it will have its advantages and disadvantages...just the way phones and technology will be :)

the day we achieve something trully perfect will be the day we die because there will be nothing else to do or achieve or even a purpose to live ;) so for now we can live and learn :P ill be sure to give you a full personal review when i get it :P

• Advertisement

other than the high def recording give me one thing that the x10 is missing on 1.6 Vs 2.1
    Vs windows mobile.

At the end of the day the X10 suits everyone from employers - facetube fans (like you) to - freaks like me who live online. (its a phone that suits everyone)

and out of all the things you named out name one thing thats missing with windows mobile :P if it doesnt serve up to my needs im sure that i can sell it at my cost of depreciation and give something else a try :D god damn i changed like 4 phones since september :D

did they all suffer from Windows BLUE THEME too?

mooneyd wrote: »
    did they all suffer from Windows BLUE THEME too?

you say it like it happens every time you put the phone in your hand :) most of the time the "blue screen theme" causes are innapropriate use of os or overloading the system...the HD2 seems to be a bit overpowered so i hope that wont be an issue

well its got 512 RAM so its got more than mine there I said it

HTC HD2 576 Ram...469 or something only useable
    Xperia X10 384 and only 256 usable...which is why i said it seems to be a bit sluggish at times...

In fairness I wouldnt class it as sluggish.
    All I would like is an alpha numeric keypad.

hd2 has one :P what i like too is the wifi router function :) i like to use my laptop on the go so would be handy instead of bringing around the mifi modem :)

Sony_Ericsson_XPERIA_X10_HTC_HD2-540x361.jpgPhone-Size-Comparison-X10-HD2-3GS-Omnia-II-3.jpg

size wise the hd2 isnt that much bigger than x10 and that massive screen gives does really give it a selling point over x10...2nd for me the hd2 UI is more attractive :P...im sure x10 manages to crash too :P

• Advertisement

bah... sony's have beem doing that for some time

Advertisement