Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client R8 and server R12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

Spear wrote: »

Fingers crossed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
    Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again

THANK ****!

The knifing thing was an unbelievable oversight
    Countermeasures for choppers sounds brilliant. I must admit, BF2 habits are still with me as there was the odd occasion where I pressed 'X' while I was locked with a missile incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Interesting weapon tweaks
    Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
    The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
    The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
    The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
    Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
    Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
    Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
    Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.

I remember somebody saying shortly after the game was released that once they start tweaking the weapons it will be the beginning of a long line of tweaks until support for the games is eventually finished. This seems to be the case.

I'm pretty happy about this
    Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Lots of small fixes that all add up together to make what looks like a great patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Until people start whinging that the MG3\PKM\G3 etc is too powerful and everytime you kill someone it'll be "noob<insert random weapon>". Happy they fixed the knifing, stabbed one guy 7 seven times before he turned around and killed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Again the RPG is left untouched.....MADNESS. But the knife had to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Again the RPG is left untouched.....MADNESS. But the knife had to be fixed.

Whats wrong with the RPG? If you mean using it on people instead of tanks I think its fine because you pretty much need a direct hit to get a kill with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Lots of brilliant fixes, and also reverted some of the weapons back to the way they were.

Lookin forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

some brilliant fixes :D reduction in negative mouse acceleration is a bit late :p but anyway. Points when dead is great too.

Whats wrong with the RPG? If you mean using it on people instead of tanks I think its fine because you pretty much need a direct hit to get a kill with it

Not with the splash damage add on mate.....:(

• Advertisement

When does this patch go live?

Probably Wednesday I'd say.

The splash damage add-on does feck all for the 40mm, which is a bit stupid. They nerfed that altogether. The RPG & Gustav are still pretty much the same as they were, with the splash damage thing.

I honestly think that EA/DICE got the whole "Noob Tube" thing arse about face....and nerfed the wrong thing. Most peeps who played COD etc see the 40mm nade as the noob tube where I class the noob tube as the CG!!!!

MONGOS! :eek:

I honestly think that EA/DICE got the whole "Noob Tube" thing arse about face....and nerfed the wrong thing. Most peeps who played COD etc see the 40mm nade as the noob tube where I class the noob tube as the CG!!!!

MONGOS! :eek:

Same as myself. I see the 40mm as something which actually requires a bit of skill at range (judging the arc of the projectile, I was a master of it in BF2) where as the CG is point & shoot = kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I'd say the CG is limited ammo or the eng has to stay near an ammo crate vs a portable infinite GL for the infantry. As far as the CG goes it is what it is.

But tbh I don't have a problem with either, lots of real powerful weapons for all classes. Lots of options with the shared guns/loadouts.

My pet hate is snipers, but that's life I guess. It's same in cs a sniper would just oneshot at the chokepoints. At least there's none of this macro, drop/aim/shoot crap ala CoD.

I'm pretty happy with what I got for my 40 yoyos :D the guns seem more accurate than previous BF games and as a former quake3 player I like to think the bullet goes where I aim. I get owned a lot on the TiG server but then that's because of the likes of WOND3rBOY etc :D. Better players will always pwn you regardless of loadout.

HAHA....I seem to recall getting my balls blown off a few times by you in a tank.....Grrrrrr.

The one thing that really needs to change aswell is the 4 man squads....deffo need to allow more in min 6 I think. See you on the battlefield mate :D

Any idea when this is being implemented?

Its badly needed, even just to fix the server browser / friends list issues (though I'm not sure if this will be fixed in the patch).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Any idea when this is being implemented?

Its badly needed, even just to fix the server browser / friends list issues (though I'm not sure if this will be fixed in the patch).

It was delayed from last week due to last minute crashing issues, it's meant to be out early this week.

Really looking forward to the 40mm Shotgun getting back to the old stats, really enjoy the weapon but its so random at the moment. Release the bloody patch! :p

At least theyre testing it though, thats a first for dice is it?

Was the patch released yesterday....I turned on my steam and noticed briefly in the corner that BFBC2 had finished updating....????

And the server browser seemed alot snappier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Was the patch released yesterday....I turned on my steam and noticed briefly in the corner that BFBC2 had finished updating....????

And the server browser seemed alot snappier.

No, you're imagining things. The even more updated build of the patch has even more updated crashes, so it'll be a few days more at least.

I think we're actually up to R20.

Each revision they've tested they've had to go back to the drawing board due to server crashes.

Probably won't be until next week now... :(

They give updates on twitter, knobs :rolleyes:
    http://twitter.com/Bazajaytee

Bazajaytee mentioned on the forum today that the new crashes they discovered are due to new content.
    I got a little excited then i thought well its probably that SPECACT arse. but if youre really optimistic you can fool yourself into thinking its new maps i suppose :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Bazajaytee mentioned on the forum today that the new crashes they discovered are due to new content.
    I got a little excited then i thought well its probably that SPECACT arse. but if youre really optimistic you can fool yourself into thinking its new maps i suppose :p

2 new maps which are in fact existing maps but with new modes (squad-rush and squad deathmatch).

Maybe I am dreaming and my new internet connection is better ...LMAO

Ponster wrote: »
    2 new maps which are in fact existing maps but with new modes (squad-rush and squad deathmatch).

Oh right, i forgot about those "new" maps. I thought they were released already really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes I agree its kinda a rip calling them new maps when they are just old maps played a different way.

Has the patch been implemented yet?

Has the patch been implemented yet?

Nope, now expected early next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 FJFF

Bet this patch comes out when i'm off on my hols in 3 weeks :(

Advertisement