Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client R8 and server R12

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=162668

Seems the patch is being held hostage by the Romanian transportation system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Spear wrote: »
    http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=162668

Seems the patch is being held hostage by the Romanian transportation system.

The guy doing the questioning was a bit of a **** haha, why didn't you just hire a QA dept for 2 days lol what a stupid question!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Latest changelog, nothing on individual gun tweaks.
    Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
    Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
    Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
    Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
    Server - Idle kick is controllable
    Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
    Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
    Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
    Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
    Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
    Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
    Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
    Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
    Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
    Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
    Admin Interface - much more info on kills
    Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
    Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
    Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
    Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
    Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
    Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
    Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
    Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
    Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
    Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
    Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
    Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
    Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
    Server Browser - Now refreshes information
    Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
    Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
    Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
    Client - Fixed some crashes
    Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
    Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
    Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
    Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
    Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
    Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
    Client - Improved Play Now functionality
    Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
    Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
    Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
    Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
    Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
    Client - Support for SPECACT kits in all game modes
    Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Latest changelog, nothing on individual gun tweaks.

Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
    The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
    The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
    The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
    Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
    Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
    Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
    Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.

The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.

You're sh1tting me, the AN-94 is lethal at the moment, i'm back on assault now that i got a plat on an LMG. so its going to get better, brilliant!!!

and just had a horrible thought, you with the knife bug fixed.

• Advertisement

You're sh1tting me, the AN-94 is lethal at the moment, i'm back on assault now that i got a plat on an LMG. so its going to get better, brilliant!!!

and just had a horrible thought, you with the knife bug fixed.

That means the AN94 is being toned down slightly once more, not buffed even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ha i was just about to say the same thing, AN-94 is easily the best gun in the game now!

Most Irish servers have been quiet for a while now, might see a bit of a pick up in numbers with this patch

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

We'll switch to Inf only, for a while at least to see how that runs.

TheFairy wrote: »
    We'll switch to Inf only, for a while at least to see how that runs.

I'd be interested to see how that impacts Atacama and the opening of Arica rush. It might actually make them fun.

Should mean the game has natural choke points with full out firefights, if its like BF2 inf only then it should be madness.

• Advertisement

6 weeks in QA was a bit mad or maybe thats normal, I dunno?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

They've obviously been busy making the Vietnam Mod.

Latest changelog doesnt seem all that much different. I wish they'd just release the damn thing.

I'd be interested to see how that impacts Atacama and the opening of Arica rush. It might actually make them fun.

Atacama should be grand except it'll have alot of running, said it before about africa harbour, it'll be 14 snipers vs 14 with 1 medic and 1 assault making a bucketload of points with revives and ammo points.

Ah but the next version of Wolfcon will have kit limiting in it. This means that if snipers piss off the clan running the server they can limit the number per side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Glad that the V SYNC has been fixed...wil make for a smoother screen. And I dont care a toss about all the tweaks to the guns....coz they will keep changing them.

I wish they'd just leave the gins alone, they're never going to be perfect, and you'll have to get used to the 'new' guns all over again. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd just leave the gins alone,

I just hope they don't change the vodka's.

Changing guns is a lost cause, you'll have guys whinging about the next set of gun changes. When will EA\Dice learn that forums are full of whingers and will never be happy. I see on some forums guys whinging about gustavs:p

I just hope they don't change the vodka's.

Changing guns is a lost cause, you'll have guys whinging about the next set of gun changes. When will EA\Dice learn that forums are full of whingers and will never be happy. I see on some forums guys whinging about gustavs:p

lol epic typo!

Exactly. Sure, there were some WAY overpowered guns initially, but they've been fixed, and I think the guns are OK now. They should just leave them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Happy to see my top three complaints in there;
    Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
    Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
    Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced

Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
    Does this one mean that we can finally setup reversed slots for regulars to Craggy?

Client - Support for SPECACT kits in all game modes
    I don't see anything in there about fixing the bug on the Garand so we can complete the Bronze medals. Now I guess we have to do SPECTAT as well??

OH - this could be really good or really bad...seen a demo on youtube and a good heli pilot will clean up!

lol epic typo!

I think the guns are OK now. They should just leave them.

The AN94 needed a bit more recoil tbh, if you tap the trigger its full auto with accurate aim and it's the most powerful assault rifle. Might be good to see an assault without one for a change and yes I'm guilty of sticking with it too :D

• Advertisement

yankinlk wrote: »
    Does this one mean that we can finally setup reversed slots for regulars to Craggy?

OH - this could be really good or really bad...seen a demo on youtube and a good heli pilot will clean up!

Using Wolfcon you can set up reserved slots anyway. Just mean it can be implemented form the server without needing a 3rd party tool.

Helicopter - I wonder does it make them flyable now?? I can't fly to save my life in BC2, and was a fairly good pilot in BF2. THough personally I think the maps are way too small for choppers anyway.
    The AN94 needed a bit more recoil tbh, if you tap the trigger its full auto with accurate aim and it's the most powerful assault rifle. Might be good to see an assault without one for a change and yes I'm guilty of sticking with it too :D

Yeah, I have the plat on the AN94, so not using it at all now :( Really should though, but want to use other weapons.

1 on 1 V AN-94 = death.

Helicopter - I wonder does it make them flyable now?? I can't fly to save my life in BC2, and was a fairly good pilot in BF2. THough personally I think the maps are way too small for choppers anyway.

The helicopters in BC2 are the thing I most miss! I used to loop them around bridges and stuff, ****ing awesome! Nothing like flying close to the hills at speed!
    Damn if there was enough guys playing BF2 I'd thhink about rebuying it.
    I can understand why the made BC2 it's tighter, but sometimes I just miss the wide spaces and the big numbers.

When is this gonna be released ffs....it seems like an absolute age this was been mentioned as a patch. Just release it already.

I want a reserved slot on CRAGGY...with a extra's like a tank only for me with personalised ARMOUR!

And the reg is.....

WONDA 1

:D

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1172209-new-patch.html

Seems that it's now dragged on so long, they're going to rollback one of the changes for the sake of getting it out. Better not be the knife fix, there's still lots of you to stab.

Its not the knife. Baz says it in the thread.
    The rollback might not be favourable for some but it doesn't break the game, it isn't hit detection for example. I won't say what it is until we know if we are rolling it back or not. If we do I'll tell you which change it is that won't make it.

Also it isn't the knife. That works as it used to
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1172209-new-patch.html#post15890297

i bet its points after death

yankinlk wrote: »
    i bet its points after death

Maybe, I'd be more along thinking the chopper counter measures, or the chat while dead.

I've gotten points while dead, so I don't see the issue :confused::confused: does it just relate to points from ammo crates / med packs or something?

Maybe, I'd be more along thinking the chopper counter measures

I have a feeling this is it as well. Maybe there is conflict between how tracer darts and countermeasures will work together?

They are such SUXXOR NOOBS....I wish I could get them DOUCHE BAGS on one of our servers...Grrrrrrr :mad:

• Advertisement

I've gotten points while dead, so I don't see the issue :confused::confused: does it just relate to points from ammo crates / med packs or something?

Any points you earn after your dead will count up on the screen, but not actually apply to your score. Kind of like, "Yoou could have earned THIS if you didnt die..."

The idea was to stop suicide/C4 jeeps - but the result was throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Advertisement